Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I thought I was somewhat of a pioneer...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I reserved my Model 3 day one almost 2 years ago I didn't know anyone else who had a Tesla or many didn't even know who that was so it felt pretty cool to jump into this new revolution in transportation in my own small way. I realize the real pioneers are the Roadsters and Model S owners and that's why they go first in line, I'm fine with that.

So a year ago my neighbour drives in with a Model S one day out of the blue! I'm like wow awesome, it'll be a two Tesla street when I get mine. What happened yesterday is my other neighbour right across from the Tesla guy now has a Model X!

I'm excited more than anything honestly, it'll be 3 Tesla's for 3 houses within 10 meters of each other! There's also now a e-Golf 2 houses down and I know an i3 a little further down the street too.

It's happening!

giphy.gif

Model S and X owners who buy them in 2017 who get bumped up in line for their M3 are NOT pioneers and should stay in place of where they were. Not go to the front of the line.

If anything Investors should get priority
S and X owners with brand new Model 3 reservations are too small a group to make much difference in anyone's invite date. Even at a production rate of 1000 Model 3's per week, there would have to be over 100 "line jumpers" in a week to make a one-day difference. They plan to be at 5000/week by end of 2Q. It's not worth getting upset over.

People who buy an S or an X are helping keep Tesla in business, even if they purchased yesterday. A financially healthy Tesla is good for all of us.

BTW, I've been an investor since early 2012 and have been waiting for this car since 2003 (although I didn't know it was going to be a Tesla until 2011).

Model S and X owners who buy them in 2017 who get bumped up in line for their M3 are NOT pioneers and should stay in place of where they were. Not go to the front of the line.

If anything Investors should get priority

Current owners who are buying the Model 3 are receiving the earliest editions of the car - ladled with software/hardware problems. By the time non-owners receive their cars, many kinks and issues will have been resolved.

It's the same reason why I let everyone update to the latest iOS. While they complain, I enjoy my "outdated" software until bugs are quashed.