Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Like it has been a month, and how many new Model 3s are out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Garlan Garner -- I feel you have been unreasonable. EM said that they were aiming for a July start of production, but he thought it would be late because at least one of the suppliers would miss the deadline. They started on time.

It has been repeated made clear that production follows an S-curve [ Model 3 Reservations FAQ ], and that predicting production numbers during the start of the S-curve is very difficult. (I am amazed they gave us any predictions).

As others have said, starting up the production line is slow and intense work, each stage has to be analyzed, programmed, checked and double-checked for accuracy and repeatability. This has been discussed on this forum in the past. Tesla would appear to be performing to their latest guidance. In fact, I am pleased as glitches and delays are expected in any new production line.

Highest VIN seen is 200, which suggests 200 have been made which would be better than EM's prediction of 100. The Tesla Show on Twitter
I understand that I am the only one wanting them to make these Model 3's quicker. Tesla needs to. Their Model S and X sales are saturating. There are only so many millionaires and people willing to overextend themselves beyond their paychecks. That's why I believe they are giving their Sales Managers bonuses to get cars out of the door.
Tesla offers $700,000 'bonus' incentive to its global sales and service head

Is that why they are giving discounts in stores to get cars out of the door?
Tesla offers ‘up to $30,000 showroom discounts’ and lowers interest rates to boost sales before end of the quarter

Lets all watch their 3rd quarter reports together. Tesla does not have another playing card. There isn't another official "money making" vehicle on the horizon.

I have $30K riding on it. Does anyone else? Is anyone else in here that committed and believes in Tesla that much? I put my money where my mouth is.
I'm also invested in SolarEdge ( as you can see) as that's what my micro-inverters are on my roof. See my solar progress.

Tesla.png

Actually I have over $40K in tesla stocks now. Who's in with me?

Thank God they can shoot those rockets off frequently enough to hopefully exceed investors expectations. Solar isn't doing it. There are Tesla nay sayers out there in the investment market that are itching for Tesla to fail. They want Tesla to slow walk this thing called the Model 3 because they want to kill investors confidence. Not even Elon could calm down investor confidence.
Elon Musk calls Tesla's stock overvalued; shares drop
He thinks peoples expectations of Tesla are too high. I think so also, but Tesla needs to now MATCH expectations or bad things are going to happen.

Tesla needs Model 3 profit for their investors. Side bonus - I get mine.

Last edited:
I understand that I am the only one wanting them to make these Model 3's quicker.

This is one of the more ridiculous things you've said. I'm sure everyone waiting on a car would like to get it quicker. I'd like mine today.

The difference is that you seem to be ignoring the laws of space and time. All car production has a ramp rate and huge assmebly lines don't come online at full speed. This is also the biggest thing they've ever done. It's FAR more important that they get it right than they rush a few more out right now.

I have worked on several programs that were completely driven by schedule. You end up with crap. Personally, I don't want crap.

This is one of the more ridiculous things you've said. I'm sure everyone waiting on a car would like to get it quicker. I'd like mine today.

The difference is that you seem to be ignoring the laws of space and time. All car production has a ramp rate and huge assmebly lines don't come online at full speed. This is also the biggest thing they've ever done. It's FAR more important that they get it right than they rush a few more out right now.

I have worked on several programs that were completely driven by schedule. You end up with crap. Personally, I don't want crap.
and you ignored everything else i said. how simple.

^This^
Garner, you don't seem to understand the physical and logistic realities.
This is a company that has never produced this many cars.
In addition it is a new model that is very different than anything they had previously designed or built.
They are also taking on the task and responsibility of building their own service, sales, and fueling infrastructure.

The task at hand for Tesla is incredibly challenging. It isn't like flipping a wall switch.

In addition, for the first time, Tesla has delivered, so far, on time. This was something no one expected, including Elon Musk.

Everyone wants to get their Model 3, but most of us have some level of comprehension of how difficult a transition this is for Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
^This^
Garner, you don't seem to understand the physical and logistic realities.
This is a company that has never produced this many cars.
In addition it is a new model that is very different than anything they had previously designed or built.
They are also taking on the task and responsibility of building their own service, sales, and fueling infrastructure.

The task at hand for Tesla is incredibly challenging. It isn't like flipping a wall switch.

In addition, for the first time, Tesla has delivered, so far, on time. This was something no one expected, including Elon Musk.

Everyone wants to get their Model 3, but most of us have some level of comprehension of how difficult a transition this is for Tesla.
Well lets give Tesla a pass. I'm in.

But first, let me put a trailing stop loss on percentage on my stocks.

A 'free pass'? No.
But when they are already meeting exactly what they said they they would do? I see no reason to be unhappy.
They have produced 30 cars. This we know. This is ALL we know. Its the first time they have met a date in..... We have to be able to agree on that.

The OP's question is: How many cars so far? Does Tesla owe an answer, no. Should they provide an answer IMO yes. This is their mass market product. Why not show investors that they haven't made a mistake "this time" on the dates thereby increasing investor confidence.

They seem to tweet about everything else. Why not success?

They have produced 30 cars. This we know. This is ALL we know. Its the first time they have met a date in..... We have to be able to agree on that.

The OP's question is: How many cars so far? Does Tesla owe an answer, no. Should they provide an answer IMO yes. This is their mass market product. Why not show investors that they haven't made a mistake "this time" on the dates thereby increasing investor confidence.

They seem to tweet about everything else. Why not success?
the answer to that seems pretty obvious, doesn`t it?

Reactions: X Fan
@Garlan If Tesla were transparent on all details of production, it would probably add to the volatility of the stock...and your anxiety. Are you sure you want that? You seem pretty anxious as it is (I would be too, if I had skin in the game). If Apple were transparent about the iPhone during the first reveal, it might not have been good for investors (since it couldn't even do what they advertised at the time, as it wasn't done).

@Garlan If Tesla were transparent on all details of production, it would probably add to the volatility of the stock...and your anxiety. Are you sure you want that? You seem pretty anxious as it is (I would be too, if I had skin in the game). If Apple were transparent about the iPhone during the first reveal, it might not have been good for investors (since it couldn't even do what they advertised at the time, as it wasn't done).
bingo.

That's a great response.

However, I'm not anxious. I have just have skin in the game.

I wish there could be some way for ELON to stop anti-selling the Model 3 and trying to convince people that he won't be driving one. We get it. Maybe thats why he isn't communicating about the Model 3. Any good news would drive up reservations....which they don't want.

The Model S and X reveals and initial production information was nothing like this. Tesla flooded folks with tweets and info. Even the faulty falcon wing doors on the Model X exuded more dialog from the Tesla side than the Model 3 has ever gotten from Tesla. Thank goodness for Electrek and Teslaratti and a number of podcasts and youtubers.....we have info.

Lets do an experiment. Go to Elons twitter page right now.

Tons of tweets about Space X, Hyperloop, AI, The Boring Company, Falcon 9, Battle in Michigan. the Eclipse. Where is there anything about the Model 3?

I had to go back to July 31'st where Elon initiated a post saying something about Model 3 ... and that was a post about an article that someone made about the model 3.

Oh well.......maybe I'll go buy one of those year long burgers Elon was talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmd
It's all a tempest in a teapot. They announce a new car, and everyone knows it will be a few years away. Lots of interest: What will it look like, what will it cost, what features and specs will it have? etc. The time gets close, the final reveal happens and a few token deliveries are made. Still going to be a few months before production really gets going, but now the anxiety goes into full gear: Will they meet their time line for deliveries, when will I get mine? etc. That's where we are now, tempest time: "They're not going to be on time!" "Mine won't arrive the day I expect!" "Why won't they tell us anything? They told us stuff about the Model S. They tweet about their rockets. Why won't they tell me stuff about my car?" And in a few months they'll be turning out cars by the thousands and we'll have reviews and test-drives, and the tempest will be over. There will be a well-established waiting period and the car will have a track record.

But for now, it's tempest in a teapot time. Some folks will sell their shares of TSLA out of frustration, others will buy shares in anticipation. And the interwebs will be filled with praise and complaints and groundless speculation of all sorts.

FWIW, I'm holding my shares of TSLA. I don't care what they're worth because they let me feel like I'm a part of a great project to electrify the roadways, and I think that in the long term Tesla is going places.