Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Tesla is upgrading Model 3 cars with the V3 FSD computer, when do older Model S cars get it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reality. Not Elon lies. S or X could be an hour maybe. Model 3 will take 3 or 4 hours.

Elon said the board on the Model 3 is behind the glove box and is designed to be quickly swapped out.
Do you have any actual information or are you just trolling?

I would expect the board swap to take around 30 mins.
I also would not be surprised if we have to leave the car with Tesla for a few more hours while the software reloads and to allow the Tesla staff to check it out. But this isn't several hours of labor as the software reload and subsequent diagnostics should be largely unattended.

I wouldn't regret it. S/X are far superior vehicles but Tesla seems to treat the 3 as their flag ship car. Getting all the new features first, etc. It's like Mercedes marketing and giving all new features to their C class before the S class, makes no sense.
There's a difference between the "flagship" and the "revenue ship". Model S/X are indeed the flagships, but Model 3 is responsible for the majority of revenue. Of course Tesla needs to pay the most attention to revenue, and profitability, and only the Model 3 (and maybe Y) can produce the numbers that will make Tesla self-sustaining.

Tesla took 6 days (including weekends) to perform my Year 2 Scheduled Maintenance (This is in Dublin, CA) along with some minimal items for service, I would not hold my breath on upgrades done in even a day.

Not to mention, the dance they do to give a loaner..