Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So the Mode 3 seats are less “sporty” than my jeeps.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys...

Model 3P owner here, finding the oem sets very very plain with no support at all meaning you slide around very easily.

Has anyone mod the OEM seats so that they hug you more in place and also better thigh support?

Thanks!
JC

What year is your car? The earlier ones had the "gen 1" seats which had less padding and a very slightly different stitch pattern. My 2019 has the Gen 2 seats which I agree still miss the mark for sportiness. They should at least have adjustable bolsters and more lateral thigh support would also be welcome.

On the plus, I find the seats very comfortable.

I have a 20 M3P and agree, comfortable but they suck in cornering - not near enough support! I use my left knee to brace against the door, but doesnt help on right turns + passengers dont have an oh **** handle available - love the car. but these two small issues would make it that much better and I would have gladly paid a few extra $'s for such. I looked to see if Recaro had a drop in drivers seat - no such luck. and haven't been able to find anything so patiently waiting for options

I have a 20 M3P and agree, comfortable but they suck in cornering - not near enough support! I use my left knee to brace against the door, but doesnt help on right turns + passengers dont have an oh **** handle available - love the car. but these two small issues would make it that much better and I would have gladly paid a few extra $'s for such. I looked to see if Recaro had a drop in drivers seat - no such luck. and haven't been able to find anything so patiently waiting for options

The only "easy" solution would be changing the "vegan leather" to a more grippy material like Alcantara. Any competent upholstery shop should be able to do that and perhaps even work some magic on re-contouring the foam in the seats.

Aftermarket seats are kind of out of the question at current as there is too much integration with the MCU. I don't think you can use seats from another Tesla model but maybe that is possible. My X has much better lateral thigh support and overall better seats than the 3. Still not rib-tight recaros, but a step in the right direction.

Not really not day-to-day practical but if you get one of those car-seat belt clips you can snug the lap belt portion really tight and lock it in place https://www.amazon.com/Car-Seat-Locking-Clip-3Pack/dp/B006YDPLPQ

I've used these on my 3 for it's track day and some other street cars as well.

Or pay some $$ :) CG-Lock Seat Belt Lock Out for Performance Driving

A little more side bolster would be nice for sure, would have been a good way to distinguish the Performance with upgrades from the 'regular' 3 or Stealth performance cars