Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So uh... Where are the 1 million robotaxis?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although he didn't promise anything of course, he just said he was confident.

He's always confident. Some would say he's a confidence man.

I don't know why people even pay attention to any dates he gives. He's been bullshitting on dates from the start.

Treat everything as "Tesla is trying to" and only buy the delivered stuff.

He gets away with it for many things by engineers catching up to his promises. But on autonomy his lack of knowledge is exposed and he's dealing with bigger unknowns so his bullshit is exposed over and over again.

But as long as people keep buying, he won't care.

You see, FSD is a smart purchase because its price will be increased with time.

Any actual driving, let alone self or full, is optional. What if we were the robotaxis, the absolute drones that support this, yearning for the Tesla lifestyle, all along?

Although he didn't promise anything of course, he just said he was confident.

He's always confident. Some would say he's a confidence man.

I don't know why people even pay attention to any dates he gives. He's been bullshitting on dates from the start.

Treat everything as "Tesla is trying to" and only buy the delivered stuff.

He gets away with it for many things by engineers catching up to his promises. But on autonomy his lack of knowledge is exposed and he's dealing with bigger unknowns so his bullshit is exposed over and over again.

But as long as people keep buying, he won't care.

Musk was pretty right on with the Chinese Giga-factory timeline of when the factory would come online and the Tesla Model Y going into production.

Remember if Musk promises you the moon in six months and delivers it in three years, keep things in perspective: you’ve got the moon.

• Love
Reactions: mikes_fsd
Musk was pretty right on with the Chinese Giga-factory timeline of when the factory would come online and the Tesla Model Y going into production.

Remember if Musk promises you the moon in six months and delivers it in three years, keep things in perspective: you’ve got the moon.

He's good-ish at following through on hardware (in broad strokes. Not details like air suspension, MR AWD, etc). He's consistently full of crap when it comes to promising everything having to do with FSD and software updates.

He's good-ish at following through on hardware (in broad strokes. Not details like air suspension, MR AWD, etc). He's consistently full of crap when it comes to promising everything having to do with FSD and software updates.

Considering how many "experts" claim that full FSD if still at least 10-years away and requires LIDAR. I think a lot of the sour grapes about Tesla not meeting deadlines around full FSD can be filed under "If Musk promises you the moon in six months and delivers it in three years, keep things in perspective: you’ve got the moon."

Considering how many "experts" claim that full FSD if still at least 10-years away and requires LIDAR. I think a lot of the sour grapes about Tesla not meeting deadlines around full FSD can be filed under "If Musk promises you the moon in six months and delivers it in three years, keep things in perspective: you’ve got the moon."

counterpoint: if he delivers it after your car is old and decrepit, you’ve been snookered out of thousands of dollars.

after three years of waiting after being caught up in his BS, I have one feature to show for it: my car stops at stoplights and stop signs. Neat, but not what I paid for.

*if* he ever delivers the features I paid for, it’ll be long after I’ve disposed of this car.

FSD is the single dumbest purchase I’ve ever made in my entire life.

counterpoint: if he delivers it after your car is old and decrepit, you’ve been snookered out of thousands of dollars.

after three years of waiting after being caught up in his BS, I have one feature to show for it: my car stops at stoplights and stop signs. Neat, but not what I paid for.

*if* he ever delivers the features I paid for, it’ll be long after I’ve disposed of this car.

FSD is the single dumbest purchase I’ve ever made in my entire life.

I have seen much more than stopping at stoplights and stop signs on the full FSD beta videos on Youtube. Your car doesn't navigate on Auto-Pilot? Doesn't do auto lane changes?

I have seen much more than stopping at stoplights and stop signs on the full FSD beta videos on Youtube.

That’s nice for them, but I’m not a social media influencer, major investor, or having sex with someone at Tesla, so I don’t have the beta. I doubt I or anyone else not in the Early Access Program will get those features in the next 12 months frankly.

The fact that Tesla promised to invite all early FSD purchasers to the Early Access Program and then turned out to be lying about that is a topic for another thread.

Your car doesn't navigate on Auto-Pilot? Doesn't do auto lane changes?
Those are Enhanced Autopilot features. I’d have those even if I hadn’t purchased FSD.

That’s nice for them, but I’m not a social media influencer, major investor, or having sex with someone at Tesla, so I don’t have the beta. I doubt I or anyone else not in the Early Access Program will get those features in the next 12 months frankly.

The fact that Tesla promised to invite all early FSD purchasers to the Early Access Program and then turned out to be lying about that is a topic for another thread.

Those are Enhanced Autopilot features. I’d have those even if I hadn’t purchased FSD.

So if Tesla does roll out a wider beta of FSD in the next month will you acknowledge it or just move the goal posts?

So if Tesla does roll out a wider beta of FSD in the next month will you acknowledge it or just move the goal posts?

If it's only for people in the Early Access Program, then it's still BS. Until members of the general public start getting it, it's completely irrelevant.

When *my car* gets the update (ass, then I'll admit there's progress that matters. Why should I give a rat's ass if other people get it and I don't? That doesn't help me get my money's worth.

Furthermore, until I can summon my car from another state, I will still not have gotten what I paid for.

The good news is FSD is only $10,000 today. When robotaxis are introduced in 2025, FSD will cost $100,000. Feel better?

:p:p:p:D

If that turns out to be true (ps, it won't), I guess I won't be buying more teslas after it does. I'm not interested in whoring out my car to dirty, smelly strangers to make pocket change (pricing for the ride sharing will be a race to the bottom) and inconvenience myself, and I'm also not interested in having someone else's car take me places.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Who in their right mind would pay 100k for self driving even if it was perfect? I can just drive on my own. Makes absolutely no sense

Those of us who value our time and hate driving in traffic, if we could afford it. I will not give up private ownership but I don't want to have to actually drive my car. However I'm also never going to be a millionaire so it's moot.

But it's not gonna cost that much, because it'll only be highly profitable to run a robotaxi as an individual for a short time, and then the race to the bottom starts.

Reactions: HankLloydRight