Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So very disappointed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a delivery date set for tomorrow.

White Model X 100D in Chicago area. Pre-traded my BMW X5 a week ago so got a loaner now.

Got a call less than 24 hours before pickup stating that delivery has been pushed by two weeks because my car has not even left California and is “awaiting train transport”.

How screwed up does a company have to be to do something like this?

I spoke with my “account manager” just yesterday and made plans to meet him during delivery.

Happened to anyone else??

• Funny
Reactions: spectrum and P85_DA
Had a delivery date set for tomorrow.

White Model X 100D in Chicago area. Pre-traded my BMW X5 a week ago so got a loaner now.
I'm confused. Were you or were you not given a loaner? If you were given a loaner, I would just go have fun with the car.
If you weren't given one, well I hate to say it but you could've planned it better, Murphy's law and all.
Tesla is having trouble with delivery, what with the ramp-up in production. It's still a small car company with teething problems. Once you got your car though, I'm sure you'll love it.

Reactions: maybatch
If it is a true statement that your account manager made arrangements to meet you yesterday for the delivery something is messed up. Delays are common place in the automotive industry, but why make arrangements for delivery when it hasn't even shipped from California?

Im confused, the OP says he's got a loaner. So he's driving a tesla?

Will waiting diminish the amount of fun you'll have when your car eventually comes? patience is a virtue, this **** happens. They're not doing it on purpose. When you custom order a car that has to be built from scratch, its never going to be as seemless as buying a premade car sitting in a dealer lot for months.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Sorry to hear about your delay, how disappointing when you though the car was practically here. At my local service center i believe they are selling off all their Tesla loaners - to boost Q3 earnings I presume - but they do have Hertz cars. It has been my experience that they guys at the SC are friendly, want to help. Going there face to face in collaborative mode may yield more than combative phone calls with corporate desk dwellers. In any case good luck, enjoy the car, remember that they are continuously improving on a very steep learning curve still so your car will be a significant two weeks better than you would otherwise have got :)

Reactions: RedSpeed
Sorry about the delivery experience. I have had my Model X for many months and it is hands down the BEST car ever beating the next one by decades. I have driven X5, Infiniti, Lexus and Mercedes. They don't come even close to the integral experience of Model X. You have brilliantly picked the best vehicle on the planet.

The rest such as delayed delivery, or even first few months of bug fixes (service center visits) would just be temporary and short-term bumps which are amendable.

Reactions: xyeahtony
if you traded in the car to Tesla I’d think this wouldn’t have happened as you pick up and trade in at same time. It sounds like you sold the car to a dealership? Regardless this is an issue with the buyer trying to time everything perfectly (sell today and pick up new car tomorrow). There are always unexpected circumstances one needs to account for.

Unfortunately this isn't unusual. We were promised a home delivery with a date set before the end of 2017. Date came and went without any calls from Tesla. I reached out and they made everything right. However, I had to speak with my sales rep for everything to happen. The delivery team was completely useless. It was mind-boggling how inept they seemed to be. They were deer in headlights. In the end, they honored my trade-in and took the car in 2017 with $1000 over it's blue book value. They gave us a rental (paid for by them) for a week until a Model X P90D was available to use for the next 3+ months until my vehicle arrived. They also threw in a free service and a Gen1 Power Cable with Adapters. We didn't have much to complain about since we had their car for 3 months without needing to make a payment.

Talk to your sales rep, they were the key for us.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
RedSpeed, went through the same thing. Was told 2 different dates to come pick up the X, the first time we actually were driving to the store to get the car. I decided to call about 30 minutes prior to arriving to be told the car is not here and is still in CA. The second time they gave me a date, I decided to call that morning before leaving, again, they said car is not here. I had to make the call both times to find out no delivery....it was a nightmare. Both days I took off of work. One of them my wife took off as well. 3 days off work and a lot of frustration. Like you I can't believe they can't do a better job in tracking a car, especially one that has a app location 24/7. It will be worth the wait and you will forgive the unorganized methodology Tesla uses.