Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny, this is the first time in awhile I didn't check the forums before making a trade, and I log in to find out that Sleepy and I did exactly the same thing today -- a $250 weeklies shot in the dark (though I think I bought a little cheaper :) ). I figured that if Yellen's comments propel things up and we happen to get a free news item, it could certainly happen. If it doesn't, I spent almost nothing on these weeklies anyway, and I'll try again another time.

You never hit the target if you never take a shot, and as Sleepy says, sometimes all you need is 1 hit in 5 shots to pay for the play.

Caveat: I certainly do NOT recommend this strategy for everyone. It's just an experiment I'm trying lately.

Just brought my Roadster in for service, couple things of note:

Obviously, they were low on loaner cars, as always, and so I ended up getting a rental (I wouldn't have taken one, but they had a Leaf at the nearby Enterprise, so I wanted to try it out). They had a ton of cars ready for delivery, as one would expect near end of quarter.

More interestingly, though, is that one of two Roadster techs was away today to get himself a Chinese visa. Apparently he's being sent to China very soon. So it sounds like they're all hands on deck, which is great to hear.

Well, today does not look like it will be a good one based on Asian/European markets. Probably only good if you are looking for a decent place to add shares/options.

Bailed on my 240 weeklies first thing. Broke even.....I just can't read short term moves right now.

Last edited:
LARRY PAGE: I Would Rather Give My Billions To Elon Musk Than Charity - Business Insider

By the time Model E comes out, the world will be producing 100 million cars per year.

Today there are 1 billion ICE cars on the road. By 2050 there will be 3 billion cars on the road.

We will need 100 Gigafactories by 2050 to convert all ICE cars to pure electric (assuming each Gigafactory producing 30 GWh of batteries per year)

I would like to see Larry Page donate one Gigafactory to Tesla ASAP. (don't even have to donate, just finance it at 0% interest rate will be fine for now)

Since the two founders of Google are good friends with Elon Musk, it would not surprise anyone if Google did something big with Tesla one day soon.

Last edited:
Saw a few large buy orders for TSLA and JASO at the bell today.

I grabbed some 240 weeklies because I'm crazy like a fox.

I also got my letter today on the expected NEMA 14-50 adapter replacement, and it was labelled as a "Recall" with official NHTSA language and contact info. I did a double take at first when I opened the letter, but calmed down once I saw it was only for the NEMA adapter replacement. I'm assuming this has been priced in, but I'm also assuming there will be at least a few "OMG RECALL FUD" articles written. I actually take this as a good sign that NHTSA is working closely with Tesla and we'll get the road hazard all-clear soon.

Another user posted a PDF of the letter, dated March 11th, in case anyone wants to read it.

Last edited: