Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Despite it working out well for Lump, the 60 Minutes piece could have been a 'hatchet job' and the 40% up ended up 40% down. Such is the short term trading. It is addictive so you may have fewer headaches/ulcers sticking with the LEAPS!:wink:

You're right, actually I expected the 60 minutes piece to be bad. Instead, it turns out the interviewer's wife owns a Model S!

The banner on the CNBC right now: "Major averages have first 4-day win streaks in nearly two months."

So at least some of this run-up had to do with the market leaving behind some of the fear that was so palpable last week. TSLA looks like it really wants to go up, so as long as the general climate stays sane, I'm optimistic.

Despite it working out well for Lump, the 60 Minutes piece could have been a 'hatchet job' and the 40% up ended up 40% down. Such is the short term trading. It is addictive so you may have fewer headaches/ulcers sticking with the LEAPS!:wink:

Like I said I normally trade options 6+ months out & stay away from the short term stuff but at the end of last week we had lots FUD surrounding the Panasonic news not joining GF yet, the stock was oversold & the 60 minutes peace & the Norway video of 100's of cars ready for delivey combined with end of quarter market reversal..I liked my odds.

Position closed up 49.91% for the day.

The banner on the CNBC right now: "Major averages have first 4-day win streaks in nearly two months."

So at least some of this run-up had to do with the market leaving behind some of the fear that was so palpable last week. TSLA looks like it really wants to go up, so as long as the general climate stays sane, I'm optimistic.

That was precisely my theory on Monday. Inherent strength in the company that was depressed by an overall market that may be emerging from Ukraine fear, Fed rate fear, and Chinese economy fear. Combine that with overblown fears of franchise laws impacting TSLA (that will be a speed bump for Tesla and nothing more, the public will not stand for bans long) and absurd "demand questions" made about the most desirable product I have ever owned. $208 bucks was a steal.

That was precisely my theory on Monday. Inherent strength in the company that was depressed by an overall market that may be emerging from Ukraine fear, Fed rate fear, and Chinese economy fear. Combine that with overblown fears of franchise laws impacting TSLA (that will be a speed bump for Tesla and nothing more, the public will not stand for bans long) and absurd "demand questions" made about the most desirable product I have ever owned. $208 bucks was a steal.

agree with that. completed a delayed LEAPS roll just last week on the same thought structure. Sold the roll around $250, bought the roll on the way down, with the last bit added at the sub $210. Picked up some very cheap J16 $500s that ought to survive the upcoming ModX, GF, GenIII, China 'debacles'...
nice move Flux! Lump and others

Like I said I normally trade options 6+ months out & stay away from the short term stuff but at the end of last week we had lots FUD surrounding the Panasonic news not joining GF yet, the stock was oversold & the 60 minutes peace & the Norway video of 100's of cars ready for delivey combined with end of quarter market reversal..I liked my odds.

Position closed up 49.91% for the day.

Not trying to say you were wrong.....you did GREAT!.....Just saying that your thesis was correct....but if it was wrong and the 60 minutes was a NADA financed hack job we might be looking at $192 TSLA and a 40%, or more loss.

Good call/trade on your part. Wish I had placed it!

agree with that. completed a delayed LEAPS roll just last week on the same thought structure. Sold the roll around $250, bought the roll on the way down, with the last bit added at the sub $210. Picked up some very cheap J16 $500s that ought to survive the upcoming ModX, GF, GenIII, China 'debacles'...
nice move Flux! Lump and others

Thanks, Ken. March certainly wasn't this good to me, let's hope April showers bring May Q1 ER flowers for us, or something. :)

That's it.

I posted the following on my twitter account not too long ago today:

@farzyness: Today is the tipping point where $TSLA will officially start to overtake @GM as USA's primary automaker. And it's inevitable #Tesla

Reasoning? GM's massive recall, Tesla's continued surge as THE American Automaker, Norway's continued share taking, and China's undeniable desire for the Model S. Really - one could make the argument that this started once Tesla existed as a manufacturer - but there's a lot of hints and pointers these last couple days/weeks that really back up this notion.

It's ok, you can call me crazy.

Good day today! Nice to be back where we should be and heading in the right direction again.

Funny thing showed up in the corner of my screen on the ticker, had to check on the nasdaq.com site where every after-hours trade is listed... Yep, someone got a good deal and someone made a bad sell :)

aftermarket.JPG

@farzyness: Today is the tipping point where $TSLA will officially start to overtake @GM as USA's primary automaker. And it's inevitable #Tesla

Reasoning? GM's massive recall, Tesla's continued surge as THE American Automaker, Norway's continued share taking, and China's undeniable desire for the Model S. Really - one could make the argument that this started once Tesla existed as a manufacturer - but there's a lot of hints and pointers these last couple days/weeks that really back up this notion.

My jaw dropped when I read that GM's Recall is now set to exceed $750 million. They could literally be setting money on fire everyday instead of building cars and coming out ahead. I'd be lying if I said I understood how their stock price is still where it is.

Can't say I would do that except for a bit of timing. My view is this inflection will occur over the 2015 year- but the thought is the same; so maybe my crazy-twitching is just a bit slower than yours :)

Can't say I would do that except for a bit of timing. My view is this inflection will occur over the 2015 year- but the thought is the same; so maybe my crazy-twitching is just a bit slower than yours :)

Your timing is probably more correct - given that Model X is going to be an absolutely HIT in the US. But you're right - my crazy-twitching is at an all time high :D