Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
low volume today.

Seems like daily volume has been around 5M over the last few weeks and the price has hardly moved. Maybe the bot is still on vacation?

- - - Updated - - -

So I guess this means that we won't have to pay a monthly fee to keep our cars connected for a few more years yet.

How did you conclude this? It looks to me like they just agreed to keep them as the service provider, but that doesn't have bearing on when they decide to pass the costs on to us.

How did you conclude this? It looks to me like they just agreed to keep them as the service provider, but that doesn't have bearing on when they decide to pass the costs on to us.

The word "enable". If it was something that we would have to buy I would think they would have used another word like option or offer. IMO the context of the paragraph is the agreement was struck so Tesla can continue its remote diagnostics service and secondly provide us with great Internet features too.

Johan...You would be proud, took 110% gain early this AM on about half those 155, Jan 18 weeklies this AM. My first jump into weeklies successful, but I realize that I could have been at the other end of that stick!

It's the quiet period before earnings season. I am restless from lack of news, but should be thankful that the news media isn't taking advantage of this time to mount full on 86 pages report on why ppl should short TSLA or any of the companies I invest in. Heck there isn't even a short attack on shady chinese reverse merger corps. Which says something in itself

I just bought back twice as many $155's Jan18 as I sold yesterday for less cash :)

Greed has gotten the best of me but TSLA is bouncing off of the 20 day moving average for 3 days straight. It is sitting there right now so I bought what I think is the bottom.

Plus it is The auto show next week and I am more than 50% positive that Tesla, and hence TSLA, will have a big surprise for us. I think the odds favor the longs on this trade.

Ckessel - I don't think TSLA is going to $145 but if it does then I will triple down because that is the 50 day moving average around that area. I don't think it gets that low though.

Just my opinion. I think the odds for a positive run are 70%. At the minimum I am expecting a "buy the rumor" over the next 3 days.

I also felt that it was a good time to buy back the 155Jan18s I sold recently. Did not hit the bottom like sleepy did but did get back in at hopefully a good risk/reward level.

just doubled up on my Jan18 $155s after it bounced below 147 just a few minutes ago. Lets hope for some good news next week!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow funny to see everyone else making the same exact move as me. Good luck to us all.

Laser-like coherent swings cut right to the core. (Hopefully. That's my reflexion.) Still recharging my quantum state exciter, here.

That's because right now the odds favor the longs. There is more than a 50% chance for a run over the next few days. I think we are all making the prudent trading decision. Even if the stock falls and we lose money, it was the correct trade.

That is all you can do; play the odds.

I didn't double up, but I did add some more 155's. I didn't rebuy the 150's I sold yesterday though. I really hope this isn't a repeat of Q3. I'm much less aggressive this time so if things don't work out it won't hurt as bad.

I hardly ever play short term- All LEAPS; but on occasion I'll use a little play money to dabble in these opportunities - so I joined in with a small position, Jan18 but at $160 strike with the guess that the run might be greater, but not start until monday so these will track a little slower at first if we drop some tomorrow;

I didn't get in last time, but I got in this time with what tiny portion of cash was unallocated in my account (enough for 10 options). A bit before the dip in the last hour, 1.52 an option for Jan18th 155.