Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought some Jan18 $160 weekly puts this morning. Already up 100%, and took some profits. Gap has been filled from way back in November, and I would imagine that there will be a lot of profit taking at least early today.

Now that TSLA pulled back to $167, I bought some Jan24 calls just in case the short squeeze lasts till next week to offset some of my short calls expiring this week.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought some Jan18 $160 weekly puts this morning. Already up 100%, and took some profits. Gap has been filled from way back in November, and I would imagine that there will be a lot of profit taking at least early today.

Now that TSLA pulled back to $167, I bought some Jan24 calls just in case the short squeeze lasts till next week to offset some of my short calls expiring this week.

sold all of my puts for a 2x, 3x, 4x return. Now loading up on short term calls as the stock swings the other way.

- - - Updated - - -

sold all of my puts for a 2x, 3x, 4x return. Now loading up on short term calls as the stock swings the other way.

That is some fast, smart and bold trading right there.

That is some fast, smart and bold trading right there.

I am not sure if the stock will swing the other way though, so I might just give up those put gains with my newly acquired calls. I am ok with that though, because I bought these calls as a hedge against a hedge; I will be fine either way. I just didn't want to see an epic short squeeze take us to $190 and then miss out because of my covered calls.

But if TSLA does go up then the swing trade will have worked out perfectly.

I am not sure if the stock will swing the other way though, so I might just give up those put gains with my newly acquired calls. I am ok with that though, because I bought these calls as a hedge against a hedge; I will be fine either way. I just didn't want to see an epic short squeeze take us to $190 and then miss out because of my covered calls.

But if TSLA does go up then the swing trade will have worked out perfectly.

I also just cashed in a couple LEAPS I bought in the 130's, took big profits and bought a couple much cheaper Jan 24 170 calls to see if things move. It's nice to see some momentum again, isn't it?

Could you give us a brief hint of what the article says and how it is interesting? It's just I much prefer to not click on seeking alpha. Thanks.
Sorry, I was mobile.... Anyway, the investment group that used to very bearish is now admitting they were wrong, were very surprized and are very impressed with TM and their outlook is shifting to bullish with a price target increase at 195 for perfection. The article is quite long and detailed with a good look at TM's free cash flow for short and mid-term.

Braver than me by far. I have no idea where things are going. The only thing I was relatively sure of was a big market open and profit taking drop, given where it was at pre-market. I sold the last portion of options I had this morning.

Everything else I had, I bailed far too early yesterday as I hugely underestimated the market's reaction. Had I held my options until days end (not even this markets open), I could have recovered most of what I lost on TSLA options on the Q3 drop. But, I thought it was doing fairly well to recover to $150 and sold there, but obviously it's sailed way beyond that now.

I dont think this Tesla run has much left in the tank. Looking at the NASDAQ chart and the TSLA chart they are starting to mirror each other the last half hour or so. So Market movements have a larger impact them Tesla moving forward on its own steam. That is just how i see things. What do you guys think?

I dont think this Tesla run has much left in the tank. Looking at the NASDAQ chart and the TSLA chart they are starting to mirror each other the last half hour or so. So Market movements have a larger impact them Tesla moving forward on its own steam. That is just how i see things. What do you guys think?

I think we either flatline in the 160's with a few dips downward as the shorts pile on, and the market decides 160's are the right price given sales increase and "leaves it at that." *OR* the pre-earnings squeeze happens early, and we see $180 before end of next week. Just my guesses.

Yes, it looks like it. Hopefully the next leg of the rally will be due to positive catalysts coming in such as analyst upgrades, NHTSA, additional positive news from Tesla leading up to the Q4 report. Let's see if Tesla management plays the coming month skillfully in regards to keeping a good momentum. It's like the goal is wide open and the goalkeeper is no where to be seen :smile: