Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Switzerland - Model S registrations Jan and Feb 2014; official numbers:

January: 16
February: 28

44 cars in two months with a MoM increase of 75% is certainly a good indicator of the swiss market's demand. March figures still outstanding - should be available soon and will update you all shortly.

to recall here:
in 2013 (1st deliveries in late august) registrations: 213

Another thing to keep a look out for - AMZN, NFLX, FB have all broken their 100 day EMAs and are dropping like rocks. TSLA in comparison is using its 50 day EMA as support. That to me is a very good sign of strength in an overall sell-off in the Nasdaq.

Another thing to keep a look out for - AMZN, NFLX, FB have all broken their 100 day EMAs and are dropping like rocks. TSLA in comparison is using its 50 day EMA as support. That to me is a very good sign of strength in an overall sell-off in the Nasdaq.

notices that as well- looks like a risk off rotation continuing for a while. good opportunities in here

The Street Insider posted, with a reference to GreenCarReports.com, that state of CA run out of funds for EV incentives. I doubt that it will even dent sales of MS in CA, but that what is being implied in the post:

http://www.streetinsider.com/Rumors...+to+Run+Out+of+Incentive+Funding/9353803.html

Here's a direct link to the Green Car Reports article: CA Electric-Car Incentive Update: Funds Run Out, Green Stickers Gone

Here's the key sentence indicating that new EV buyers in California will receive their rebate checks in September:

The California Center for Sustainable Energy, which administers the program, is now advising plug-in buyers that if they applied for their rebates on or after March 28, they will receive their rebate checks in September.

And here's the direct link to CCSE webpage that was the source for that information:
http://energycenter.org/clean-vehicle-rebate-project

Kind of quiet on the Musk family road trip...thought they would leverage more publicity from it. Perhaps just keeping it more private and enjoying the family time.

At this point I don't think there's much if any publicity from another cross-country trip. Between the "Frunk is my Suitcase" blogger, the Father/Daughter team that went East to West, and Tesla's own run, the novelty of going coast to coast on all-electric is, well, no longer a novelty! The future is here.

According to my Schwab weekly position summary email I just received, TSLA was down 0.1% for the week (Close Friday last week to close Friday today). If I hadn't been watching the stock every day, it would seem like zero happened with it. Last Friday the closing price was $212.37. Today it was $212.23.

I think the weekly intraday high was $234.77 and the intraday low was $206.67. Lot of drama during the week with the stock (at least for me!)

According to my Schwab weekly position summary email I just received, TSLA was down 0.1% for the week (Close Friday last week to close Friday today). If I hadn't been watching the stock every day, it would seem like zero happened with it. Last Friday the closing price was $212.37. Today it was $212.23.

I think the weekly intraday high was $234.77 and the intraday low was $206.67. Lot of drama during the week with the stock (at least for me!)

In a way, the virtual zero net change doesn't surprise me given the lack of any significant news.

Positive catalysts for moving TSLA higher: a strong Q1 showing, positive Gigafactory news in the form of agreement reached with investors/partners, Model X progress.

The volatility is interesting but I hope people here don't get freaked out!