Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm no engineer. I confess, I'm solidly rooted in advertising and marketing (which is of little use to Tesla as of yet). So my rationale is I'm an expert in trends, behavioral analysis, and making people buy something they don't need or cannot afford... hence Tesla hasn't needed to hire me or anyone like me.

And I truely appreciate how Elon thinks and speaks -- I have benefitted greatly from simply listening to him (every call I can)... since 2009.

Electrical engineer and a long-term TSLA investor.

Just saw on Facebook, that Elon visited the German chancellery - hopefully to have chat with Angela Merkel about future EV incentives:
Elon bei Mutti.JPG

...hopefully...

So, how come Steve Jurvetson ("the money guy", as I called him) understood Elon and invested big in him, while many other finance-oriented people didn't and still don't? Well, it may be because Steve is also an engineer:

Wikipedia said:
At Stanford University, Jurvetson finished his degree in electrical engineering in 2.5 years[4] and graduated #1 in his class. He then earned an M.S. in electrical engineering and an M.B.A., also from Stanford.

So, I sold Steve Jurvetson short in my previous post. Both Elon and Steve obviously have what it takes to understand both the hard (engineering) and the soft (business) realities of the world, which helps explain both of their outsized success.

Hey guys. I'll throw in my street cred, too! I'm a bioinformatician (data analysis & programming), and used to be a molecular biology lab rat. So, I have some sense that big ideas can be easy (ha!), but implementing all of the horrid details can be extremely difficult.

Speaking of the technical fanbase of Tesla, a geeky (in a good way) Russian millionaire. I wonder if he's a part of TMC!

How to sneak a Tesla into Russia | The Verge

Elon Musk visited Germany and talked to chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin.
Does anybody have further information on topics discussed?
I was surprised about Angie beeing interested in information straight from the horse's mouth and inviting Elon Musk.
Maybe talking only to german car industry is too boring for her in the long run;)
Anybody knows where Elon Musk is heading after Germany?

By the way Chancellor Angela Merkel has a degree in physics;)

Tesla Motors Europe on Twitter: Today @elonmusk visited the offices of the chancellery in Berlin. http://t.co/cz5xamDzeg

Last edited:
Despite being an avowed technophobe, one of my favorite writers (favorite before the show, yes I'm a hipster GRRM fan) just wrote what I feel about my Model S:

George R.R. Martin said:
"I come up to it and it knows I am coming," said Martin. "The door handles come out. It plays my favorite music. It's like a person, the Tesla. It's amazing."

Selfishly, this has my geek-awesomeness-o-meter on overload.

'Game of Thrones' author drives custom purple Tesla

Despite being an avowed technophobe, one of my favorite writers (favorite before the show, yes I'm a hipster GRRM fan) just wrote what I feel about my Model S:

Selfishly, this has my geek-awesomeness-o-meter on overload.

'Game of Thrones' author drives custom purple Tesla

The video is a much better portrayal of the story than the article, definitely watch the video :D

Really cool! Thanks for the share!

- - - Updated - - -

And we have an all time closing high again, looks like we are getting used to that as noone has mentioned it ;) ...

Hadn't had the chance to post about it yet, but I was certainly happy. I was avoiding saying something BEFORE market close to avoid jinxing it and the stock crashing... It was sooooo close to sticking at 264 and then just plunged at the end it was so exhausting to watch! Haha! If you notice right after the close it dropped immediately in the AH. I am So glad it held out just before the bell and we didn't have a repeat drop like Tues.