Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many are hoping the Model X reveal is going to have big impact on the stock, sure its a positive & great for reservation holders but its a known event & IMO priced in, a lot has changed from the Model S reveal & we now have a market cap over $30B with a proven platform, so when the Gigafactory terms & deal didn't move the stock I can't see how the Model X reveal will result in a meaningful move.

Many are hoping the Model X reveal is going to have big impact on the stock, sure its a positive & great for reservation holders but its a known event & IMO priced in, a lot has changed from the Model S reveal & we now have a market cap over $30B with a proven platform, so when the Gigafactory terms & deal didn't move the stock I can't see how the Model X reveal will result in a meaningful move.

I agree that the X reveal event itself is not going to move the price instantly, in fact I almost expect to see the price actually drop 5-10% the day after the reveal (buy on the rumor sell on the news)...however, that would be an incredible buying opportunity because I think what will happen is this...
...in the following weeks/months once the X is revealed and it's incredible technology sits in and gets amazing reviews, reservations accelerate, and then production begins is when the market will realize actually how revolutionary it is and that Tesla is the real deal that will always be making the most amazing cars.... I see the stock creeping up over time over those weeks/months well above 300, perhaps even as high as 400

I think the biggest impact will depend on the gull wing door reviews, if problems arise or reviews come in negative then reservations stay on hold, if they hit a home run & the doors function without issue in rain, snow etc... then we might get a pop but thats not for many months.

Last edited:
Bought some March15's just now. Decided waiting for the mythical 230's before ER is probably going to bite me, so just jumped back in.

Whether or not it's revealed early, I'm so excited about the Model X. I already own the best sedan made, and was just browsing the X design page again and realized, this thing is going to sweep all of the car awards on the planet just like the S. It's going to be the best SUV ever made. Hard to imagine TSLA remaining stagnant when this happens.
I've been wanting to do the same but kind of put all my extra funds into other stocks...If we get down to the 230s I think I may have to sell my core TSLA stock position and move it into either March or Jan 16 calls...

Data point: I was at the Devon SC this AM and heard they have 50 deliveries scheduled before end if Q3. YIkes! There were about 10 cars on the lot at 8am waiting for delivery all 85s, average price $105k. None had the new sensors. I was told the manifest for cars coming in before end of Q3 had just a couple with the sensors but the majority did not.

Data point: I was at the Devon SC this AM and heard they have 50 deliveries scheduled before end if Q3. YIkes! There were about 10 cars on the lot at 8am waiting for delivery all 85s, average price $105k. None had the new sensors. I was told the manifest for cars coming in before end of Q3 had just a couple with the sensors but the majority did not.

Was that a yikes good or yikes bad? I mean that is one SC and 50 deliveries set over the next what, three days? That seems like yikes good, although it will be cutting some of that very close. Also if most don't have the new sensors sounds like there is a huge overlap there between cars that got it and cars that didn't.

Was that a yikes good or yikes bad? I mean that is one SC and 50 deliveries set over the next what, three days? That seems like yikes good, although it will be cutting some of that very close. Also if most don't have the new sensors sounds like there is a huge overlap there between cars that got it and cars that didn't.

Yikes good. :wink:.

Where are the best cars made

Can't seem to get past the pay wall... Anything substantial in the article?

I thought they were planning China before Europe? Just because demand is much higher in Asia.

Regarding new car making facility, imho it makes no sense to build new facility anywhere before Fremont is at full capacity, 500,000 cars/year.

Once Fremont is at full capacity and new capacity is needed, as an investor I would prefer that new plant to be built in US again rather than anywhere else in the world.

The benefit of having car making plants around the world, especially in places with low business maturity, may be easily outweighed with the risks and downsides of various locations.

Tesla brand may be at risk, amongst other things.

Regarding new car making facility, imho it makes no sense to build new facility anywhere before Fremont is at full capacity, 500,000 cars/year.

Once Fremont is at full capacity and new capacity is needed, as an investor I would prefer that new plant to be built in US again rather than anywhere else in the world.

The benefit of having car making plants around the world, especially in places with low business maturity, may be easily outweighed with the risks and downsides of various locations.

Tesla brand may be at risk, amongst other things.

Not really. They'd open a hub in EU for logistical reasons. That and if anything it's good risk management geographically. There's also fiscal benefits depending on where they are.