Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software release schedule question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I just picked up MYLR this month. The software update ran once after I took delivery and updated to 2022.28.200

However, I see that the latest software release is 2022.40.1. I also see bunch of software release in 2022.36.x

When I check my software update section, it says I'm on the latest software release. How does software release work? I can understand that I'm a version or two behind because of staggered rollout but there have been many versions released since Sept. When do I catch up?

Thanks,

Tesla has a unique way of sending out updates to their cars unfortunately though, nobody knows why some new cars get older versions, or some get newer, etc. Your best bet is to just keep it on the advanced button selected and keep pressing check update.

As the other posted implied, the updates roll out in a weird pattern and not everyone is really on the "latest" version at the same time. My car usually gets a version, then it may skip a version before I see another. It's odd. I use TeslaFi and they keep up with which of their customers are on which version. You can see from this chart that very few TeslaFi Model Y owners are on the latest version. It just started rolling out last week.

You'll also notice that my car, gets an update about every 2 to 3 weeks.
1667227723464.png

1667227852285.png

@origingalatic Tesla has several models (SEXY) with different configurations (RWD, LR, P, Plaid), AutoPilot (FSD and FSD Beta), ...

The updates get sent incrementally, wich allows new enhancements regression testings.

You can review software updates on TMC, TeslaFi, not a Tesla app, ...

TeslaFi Software Updates .jpg

Last edited:
I’m on the same as OP about a month into owning the car. Tesla seems to use “new car delivery” software builds; they’re reliable and don’t have new, untested stuff. Also, Tesla seems to like keeping new cars on that build until a pretty solid release comes along.

If you think about it, this makes sense. You don’t want new owners getting a lousy software experience in their brand new car. So…we wait.

I’m an experienced Tesla owner, I’d love to get 36.x. But, it seems there were issues with 36.1 through 36.4. I'm betting they’ll be cautious about sending it to those of us with new cars although it seems like .5 and .6 are rolling out at a good clip now. Soon, I think. I hope. In Elon-speak, probably just two more weeks. 🙄⏰🗓️
Hi, I just picked up MYLR this month. The software update ran once after I took delivery and updated to 2022.28.200

However, I see that the latest software release is 2022.40.1. I also see bunch of software release in 2022.36.x

When I check my software update section, it says I'm on the latest software release. How does software release work? I can understand that I'm a version or two behind because of staggered rollout but there have been many versions released since Sept. When do I catch up?

Thanks,