Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.10.6 - AP upgrade for MCU2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had 2018.10.6 pushed to my Model X last night. Was on 2018.10.2 before.

Any idea of this update has the new updated AP features of 2018.10.4? I am on MCU2 so my car never got that update.

Mods: thread title is wrong, can you update to say 2018.10.6 instead of 10.12.6? Thanks!

Last edited:
I have the new MCU and got the 10.6 upgrade two days ago. AP functionality seems much better, as do the lane changes. From what I can tell watching the 10.4 videos 10.6 seems to have equivalent AP abilities.

I had my Model X in for a tow receiver installation 3/27/18 and they told me they updated my firmware. I asked if it was the AP update and they told me the update didn't affect the AP. It increased vehicle performance, as in speed. A few weeks ago I noticed improvements in AP performance, particularly the smoother lane changing function.

I just had 2018.10.6 pushed to my Model X last night. Was on 2018.10.2 before.

Any idea of this update has the new updated AP features of 2018.10.4? I am on MCU2 so my car never got that update.

Mods: thread title is wrong, can you update to say 2018.10.6 instead of 10.12.6? Thanks!
I reported the thread. FYI, this isn't reddit, you need to report something you want fixed. Mods can't be everywhere all the time, much as we think they are. :D And there aren't any bots to automodmail everything with the word mods in it, either!

I had my Model X in for a tow receiver installation 3/27/18 and they told me they updated my firmware. I asked if it was the AP update and they told me the update didn't affect the AP. It increased vehicle performance, as in speed. A few weeks ago I noticed improvements in AP performance, particularly the smoother lane changing function.
Vehicle performance? I'd take anything you hear from SC personnel with a ton of salt.