TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software Update 2018.10.6 - AP upgrade for MCU2?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Mumper, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Mumper

Mumper Member

#1 Mumper, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    I just had 2018.10.6 pushed to my Model X last night. Was on 2018.10.2 before.

Any idea of this update has the new updated AP features of 2018.10.4? I am on MCU2 so my car never got that update.

Mods: thread title is wrong, can you update to say 2018.10.6 instead of 10.12.6? Thanks!

2. jrad6515

jrad6515 Closed

I have the new MCU and got the 10.6 upgrade two days ago. AP functionality seems much better, as do the lane changes. From what I can tell watching the 10.4 videos 10.6 seems to have equivalent AP abilities.

3. Mumper

Mumper Member

Agreed, thanks!

4. billion

billion Member

I had my Model X in for a tow receiver installation 3/27/18 and they told me they updated my firmware. I asked if it was the AP update and they told me the update didn't affect the AP. It increased vehicle performance, as in speed. A few weeks ago I noticed improvements in AP performance, particularly the smoother lane changing function.

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I reported the thread. FYI, this isn't reddit, you need to report something you want fixed. Mods can't be everywhere all the time, much as we think they are. :D And there aren't any bots to automodmail everything with the word mods in it, either!

6. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Vehicle performance? I'd take anything you hear from SC personnel with a ton of salt.

• Like x 2