Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on the new X. Chaulk the center console reboots up to the "Tesla Experience", trust me on this. The sooner you make peace with the fact that this stuff will happen the more you will enjoy the X.

Yet another data point on timeline:

Picked up new X last Saturday.
Sunday morning I got notice of an available download (2018.12) and did it right away
Later that day I had a warning about out of date or missing map data pop up. I didn't take a pic and then couldn't get it to pop back up.
This week Thursday I believe I finally got my maps and had a notification waiting for me.
I believe it was the same day that I had 2 crashes of my system. In the morning, the touch screen went blank when I got in and I had to reboot it.
The other it rebooted both the center screen and IC when I got in and started driving later in the day.

Neither has happened since, so I chalked them up to intermittent systems issues.
The real test is (besides seeing the new maps in the IC, lol) is the release notes. Does it mention the new maps? Once they are installed, the 2018.12 notes are ‘expanded’ to mention the maps.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah