Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no. maps update is not related to firmware updates, it's going to be a separate download.

That said, they'll declare the "new navigation" beta and tout some nonsensical stuff like "we'll zoom into the map just before your turn so you never miss it". Just about how it was working in my videos, instead of the cards.

Anyway, I hope you'll all like your newfound (eventual) "beta" navigation ;)

• Informative
Reactions: ABC2D and FlyF4
4A678750-F0FD-41FA-A863-77B451A1709F.jpeg

Installing what? Does it actually say 12.5? If so you are the first....
This is what I got

I had 2018.12 5edac71 pushed to my AP1 car at the Denver SC yesterday during annual maintenance.
- The release notes only show the new app feature of being able to remotely open the frunk and trunk. I confirmed this. These options now appear on my Android app under "Controls"
- I see no change to the maps.
- I haven't tested AP yet.
- There must be more to this update than the app change. It was the longest update I've seen- 30+ minutes to complete.

Reactions: Peteybabes
I had 2018.12 5edac71 pushed to my AP1 car at the Denver SC yesterday during annual maintenance.
- The release notes only show the new app feature of being able to remotely open the frunk and trunk. I confirmed this. These options now appear on my Android app under "Controls"
- I see no change to the maps.
- I haven't tested AP yet.
- There must be more to this update than the app change. It was the longest update I've seen- 30+ minutes to complete.

Especially as the app update works with 18.10!

I picked up my model X a few days ago, I think I have the new maps. Car came with 2010.10.2, upgraded to 2010.10.6 yesterday. My maps have zoomed the whole time also in the bottom corner it says "navigation by tesla" right next to the google watermark.

Reactions: thegruf