Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.24.1 12dd099

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note (bmah): The first thirteen messages in this thread originally appeared in the Model S forum thread on 2018.24.

2018.24.1 just showed up on TeslaFi...

AE2EAECD-6551-438F-8A96-4B7B4F8EEE0D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't say anything about that though. 2018.24.1 could be the next wide rollout. I'm just saying that I doubt there are large new features in 2018.24.1 compared to 2018.24.

The numbering is still standard, it adheres to all version numbering rules. The only odd thing was that they decided to roll out an odd numbered release en masse, which last happened a long time ago.

Lol... I still think 2018.21.9 was a special case to appease NHTSA with nags or Elon wanted something out ASAP. We shall see if we are back to the ‘standard’ or not.

And Elon tweeted the other day that some new feature (I can’t even remember what he’s been tweeting so much esoteric stuff) was ‘rolling out on the next release immediately’. 2018.24.1 could be it. 24 itself is obviously dead with 4 copies on ev-fw.com.

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Lol... I still think 2018.21.9 was a special case to appease NHTSA with nags or Elon wanted something out ASAP. We shall see if we are back to the ‘standard’ or not.

And Elon tweeted the other day that some new feature (I can’t even remember what he’s been tweeting so much esoteric stuff) was ‘rolling out on the next release immediately’. 2018.24.1 could be it. 24 itself is obviously dead with 4 copies on ev-fw.com.

Model 3 WiFi and cabin overheat protection actually. That release also supposedly came with summon. I think .24 was needed because of issues with 3 software for those new features.

Any changes? Probably bug fixes.

The release notes are the exact same as this thread ..although haven’t driven today to see if any changes ....honestly when I first got a Tesla 4 years ago these release threads were exciting ..now with a larger fleet and with many improvements over the years I have become less excited when I see these pop up on my screen ...although per TeslaFi the only folks that have this release are X P100Ds ..so maybe we get an uncork? ;):p

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Model 3 WiFi and cabin overheat protection actually. That release also supposedly came with summon. I think .24 was needed because of issues with 3 software for those new features.
You mean 24.1?

And I’m not sure of that... I knew 24 had those features for the 3. Sigh, let me see what he said recently that was actually Tesla relevant. :D

Edit: Huh, it WAS cabin overheat. I thought that was already in 24. He said it was ‘in the next release, rolling out today’ after 24 was already started, which was confusing. Maybe it wasn’t in 24?

In any case 24.1 looks like a fixed 24, as is so often he case. And I guess nothing much for the S and X?

Just did a 170 mike stretch at 80mph whole way ...consistent nags <~10 Sec frequency definitely annoying ...
I hate to say it, but when I had my AP1 loaner (it was on .21.9), I thought it had a shorter nag interval at high speeds and also was quicker to put up HOLD mode at a stop, compared to my AP2 car. I didn't scientifically measure this though, but I hope this isn't the start of some sort of AP1 nerfing :(

So.... this may be a consolidated release for all three models but only useful for the Model 3? Sigh...

Edit: and of the four TeslaFi cars that have it, two are P, two are not, none are Model 3. None on ev-fw.com. Not that many 3’s on either platform, of course.

Eh, vector maps for MCU1 seems to be the other "feature" that non-3's are getting. That and the little spinny TACC icon tweak for offramp deceleration.

Not earth shattering though. S/X owners who don't have this update are not missing out on much AFAICT.

@chillaban my car is AP2.5 ...my AP1 car feels less naggy ...overall this messaging thing doesn’t do it for me I have driven over 60k miles on AP (1,2.5) and feel good about knowing it’s limits ...other than the 3 guys getting more functionality this release sux for S and X folks :eek:

Hmm that's interesting. My car is AP2.0 and I've driven around 65-70 for a while on .24 and not noticed any changes compared to .21.9 with regards to nag interval. Hmm, maybe it depends on some other difference in driving conditions or something?

Other than feeling worried that I'm still on .24 and it was pulled for some reason, I don't have a lot of opinions about this release.