Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.24.1 12dd099

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I forgot this was also (2018.24.x) the release for the new app functionality. But MCU1 actually gets another map change? I thought we had the ‘final’ version if we had the ‘new’ maps and nav?
The new maps and nav (“Navigation by Tesla”) didn’t change the look and feel of the big maps on the MCU.

This time, the “vector maps” does change both the color scheme and the behavior of the MCU’s maps to look more like MCU2. Street labels continuously rotate as you pan. The redraw pattern is slightly different when zooming, and I think traffic overlays draw a little faster.

The downside is: aggressive panning and zooming that results in needing to download new tiles results in much longer tile load speeds. And the overall frame rate of panning and zooming has gone down.

Nothing groundbreaking. I really liked the navigation update that started rolling out a few months ago. That was a game changer for me due to the quality of the routing and ETA. This time, I’m not too excited.

The new maps and nav (“Navigation by Tesla”) didn’t change the look and feel of the big maps on the MCU.

This time, the “vector maps” does change both the color scheme and the behavior of the MCU’s maps to look more like MCU2. Street labels continuously rotate as you pan. The redraw pattern is slightly different when zooming, and I think traffic overlays draw a little faster.

The downside is: aggressive panning and zooming that results in needing to download new tiles results in much longer tile load speeds. And the overall frame rate of panning and zooming has gone down.

Nothing groundbreaking. I really liked the navigation update that started rolling out a few months ago. That was a game changer for me due to the quality of the routing and ETA. This time, I’m not too excited.
Gotcha, this is the update for the MCU screen. Don’t use it that much but good to have the same map format on it. Guess the speed update earlier was needed so they could suck those CPU (graphic) cycles up in this update and we now are back where we started. :D

Gotcha, this is the update for the MCU screen. Don’t use it that much but good to have the same map format on it. Guess the speed update earlier was needed so they could suck those CPU (graphic) cycles up in this update and we now are back where we started. :D
Haha as a software engineer, I feel like you’ve just summed up my purpose on this planet :D

2018.21.9 is still rolling out faster than 2018.24.1. I have a feeling 2018.24.1 has also been pulled.
It’s hard to say... If 2018.24.1 is set to be a nornal release (trickle out for a while and then roll out more quickly?) and 2018.21.9 is still ‘get to most every car’. That might mean 21.9 is still set to go everywhere that it isn’t already and 24.1 is just starting which always looks slow.

Very hard to compare. I agree the 6 cars on TeslaFi are hard to interpret!

It’s hard to say... If 2018.24.1 is set to be a nornal release (trickle out for a while and then roll out more quickly?) and 2018.21.9 is still ‘get to most every car’. That might mean 21.9 is still set to go everywhere that it isn’t already and 24.1 is just starting which always looks slow.

Very hard to compare. I agree the 6 cars on TeslaFi are hard to interpret!

FWIW: I don't want to deanonymize myself by making my comments too specific…. But it's looking more and more like 2018.24 may have been causing an AP issue I've been having. That's probably at least part of the reason why it's been pulled. That's as specific as I'll be for now, I'll let you guys know how 2018.24.1 is in the other thread when I find out :D

FWIW: I don't want to deanonymize myself by making my comments too specific…. But it's looking more and more like 2018.24 may have been causing an AP issue I've been having. That's probably at least part of the reason why it's been pulled. That's as specific as I'll be for now, I'll let you guys know how 2018.24.1 is in the other thread when I find out :D
What other thread? This is the 2018.24.1 thread! :D And good to hear there was a concrete reason for 24 being actually pulled (and that it was).

Did your car follow poorly marked lane lines into a concrete gore point median/divider and kill you? :(

Question for 2012 Signature owners out there. Is anybody running a software version equal to 2018. 24 or better that is able to take advantage of the new speed limiting features that just got added to the mobile app?

I've always been curious and it would be interesting to know what the most recent software version is out there in the wild running in a Signature car.

(Note also posted in the 2012 Signature car's thread)

Release notes:
IMG_2658.jpg IMG_2659.jpg IMG_2660.jpg