Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.6 8377b4d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for the the more experienced folks with 9.0 out there. Just got back from two weeks overseas (AP 2.0 on 2018.34.1) to see the "update available alert). Installed and am now on 2018.39.6. I see the updated UI on the MCU screen and the IC display shows all the various vehicle types and up to 2 lanes per side. When on AP, I do not see the "navigate on autopilot" blue line others have reported (instead I still see the two blue "lane lines" as we saw before). Car is not recommending lane changes.

In autopilot settings, options appear to be as before: autopilot beta and summon (with a button for summon options). Is there something I'm missing to enable the navigate on autopilot (be it automatically initiated or recommending lane changes I command with the turn signal)?

Question for the the more experienced folks with 9.0 out there. Just got back from two weeks overseas (AP 2.0 on 2018.34.1) to see the "update available alert). Installed and am now on 2018.39.6. I see the updated UI on the MCU screen and the IC display shows all the various vehicle types and up to 2 lanes per side. When on AP, I do not see the "navigate on autopilot" blue line others have reported (instead I still see the two blue "lane lines" as we saw before). Car is not recommending lane changes.

In autopilot settings, options appear to be as before: autopilot beta and summon (with a button for summon options). Is there something I'm missing to enable the navigate on autopilot (be it automatically initiated or recommending lane changes I command with the turn signal)?

Those features were pulled from the general releases so far. Coming soon and hopefully working properly.

@croman thanks for the info. I'm on the road 2-3 weeks a month so I tend to be really behind most in software updates and the status of what the software can do. On the other hand, my car now apparently has the dreaded "yellow band" around the edge. From reading other posts, it sounds like a trip to the service center and possible MCU screen replacement is in order. Surprising as had seen no sign of any degradation and it appeared right after 39.6 install... I'm sure the two aren't related but it is surprising.

@croman thanks for the info. I'm on the road 2-3 weeks a month so I tend to be really behind most in software updates and the status of what the software can do. On the other hand, my car now apparently has the dreaded "yellow band" around the edge. From reading other posts, it sounds like a trip to the service center and possible MCU screen replacement is in order. Surprising as had seen no sign of any degradation and it appeared right after 39.6 install... I'm sure the two aren't related but it is surprising.
Some have said they notice the yellow border more with the new update so may have been there but not noticed until now

Its abundantly clear that 2018.39.6 = Bosch radar cars and 2018.39.7 = everyone else (AP0/2.5). I wonder what forced the divergence? Are they finally treating AP2.5 radar differently?

But...on TeslaFi there are (a few) AP1/AP2 cars with 2018.39.7 and (a few) AP0/AP2.5 cars on 2018.39.6...so...???...

(Bosch == AP1 / AP2, right?)

Bruce.

Bullshit, my AP2.5 is on 39.6
But...on TeslaFi there are (a few) AP1/AP2 cars with 2018.39.7 and (a few) AP0/AP2.5 cars on 2018.39.6...so...???...

(Bosch == AP1 / AP2, right?)

Bruce.

There are always a few outliers but it can't be a coincidence that after 39.7 came out only 0/2.5 cars are getting it (AP1 and 2 cars still get 39.6). The only difference I can discern is the radar.

I'm not saying 39.6 doesn't work on AP2.5 but maybe 39.7 is better suited for AP2.5 cars (perhaps an updated radar whitelist for that radar). The 2.5 conti radar has not been properly calibrated (based on anecdotal phantom braking reports). AP2, on the other hand, and AP1 seem to have mature whitelists and even while Tesla reduces the "no radar" braking areas, I haven't heard/felt much phantom braking.

Unless someone else can deduce any other reason?

Reactions: bmah
Yesterday we tried continuing an audiobook we started under 8.1. The indexing of the memory stick was horrible. It listed 8 Tracks 1s, 8 Track 2s, etc. I looked at the memory stick when we got home and there was only one file on the entire disk labeled "Track 1", but it was divided into folders, Disc 1, Disc 2, etc. The file names inside the folders were unique.

Has anyone noticed that the box on the maps screen which contains the options for satellite view, zoom and superchargers is only available when the car is in Park? I'm on 39.6. Is this supposed to happen? That's a real pain since I often will be traveling and decide to head for a SuC while on a highway. I suppose I could just use Voice Command and tell it to take me to the nearest SuC but I always preferred being able to choose the one I want from the list. Thoughts? If this is a repeat from somewhere, let me know. I tried searching for this but didn't see it elsewhere.

Many of us (myself included) thought v9 was really jumpy/jittery at first, and failed to take even simple corners. The surround view display was jumpy and the cars disappeared when going by certain camera views.

For me it took around 50 miles of assorted driving but then I could take it back to the exact same failure points and it would navigate them well.

So there's definitely some sort of calibration period, whether it is making sure all the cameras' overlapping views are stitched together properly, or it's your car's throttle/brake/steering response.

It's probably not learning in terms of the neural net changing though -- there's no evidence found of that.
Someone needs to take a before and after video of this.

I was getting annoyed over needing two taps to turn off climate control, and I accidentally discovered that a long press on the fan icon turns it off. Haven’t seen anybody post this yet. Am I the last person to figure this out? :)

My S85D is running 2018.39.6.

Bruce.

Not last Bruce but about a week behind the rest of us :D I thought the same for a day until someone told me about the hold to turn it off description in the release notes.

What I did in the meantime was put the climate option on the right scroll on the steering wheel. I think I will keep it there until summer when I need the sunroof again. I find it is easier (and safer) than looking for the button on the touchscreen, putting your finger in the perfect spot and holding down on it.

Not last Bruce but about a week behind the rest of us :D I thought the same for a day until someone told me about the hold to turn it off description in the release notes.

I'm gonna blame Tesla. They had useless release notes for so long that I was conditioned not to read them. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :cool:

Bruce.