Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What cars get which updates and when is an illusive question that owners have tried to figure out the logic of for years. Bottom line, if you have your car connected to wifi on a regular basis, you'll get "the next update" as soon as appropriate.

If it makes you feel any better, my 2023 MS LR is also currently on 2023.44.30.8.

Reactions: RNHurt and dsm363
What cars get which updates and when is an illusive question that owners have tried to figure out the logic of for years. Bottom line, if you have your car connected to wifi on a regular basis, you'll get "the next update" as soon as appropriate.

If it makes you feel any better, my 2023 MS LR is also currently on 2023.44.30.8.
Same here. Got my car early December. Still on older version.

Just wanted to say thank you for writing the entire software version number. Too many people abbreviate and create ambiguity.

My 2022 Model X is running 2023.44.30.8. I also have a 2015 Model S (AP1, MCU1) running 2022.8.10.16.

To OP, what you're running is pretty "normal". There are various web sites such as TeslaFi and TeslaScope that have the distributions of software version numbers across the cars they poll if you want to see how that compares to others.

Bruce.

I was upgraded to 2024.2.2.1 last week.

IMG_1877.jpeg

I wonder if I call Tesla they may be able to
Push it.

Not very likely. They tend to just say "wait for it".

The thing is that depending on your car's hardware and configuration, you might very well be on the latest software version, even if its version number is lower than some other cars. It's not like an iPhone where every (supported) device gets the update all at the same time.

Also, newer isn't always better.

Bruce.

Reactions: KArnold
My 2017 MS updated Thursday night to 2023.44.30.14

It's just all over the place. For me, this was the larger icons (ABS,BRAKE) recall update. Only thing in the notes for it.

It does depend on several variables, it must be a mess to keep track of. I have MCU2 all upgrades and FSD. There are several configurations you could have with my model year, and I imagine each one may have a different revision running.

Reactions: 100d