Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.20.2.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is about 2019.20.2.5. Can anyone provide actual info about what’s in this update?

Yes, BeachBuggy Racing 2 is added, but this game is different. It's not an Atari game. It's a port from iOS & Android. It does a few cool things specific to Tesla and a new thing:

You used to access the games by hitting the T and go to Arcade. Now, you can slide up the controls and you'll see 2 new items - Toybox & Arcade:

When you launch the game (and go past the legal screens), it turns off the center console on Model S.
Then it scoots your seat to Driving position, if you have the Easy Entry feature turned on
It gets the model and color of your car from the car's computer
It uses the steering wheel, and you can use your break to slow down the cars in the game (not the accelerator to speed it up)
After you exit the game, it scoots the seat back to Easy Entry mode and turns on the center console (Model S)

Pretty neat that the game is actually interacting with the car's computer system, rather than the Atari games which run isolated in a MAME emulator.

A few pictures of the console and the game itself.

IMG_0514.jpg IMG_0515.jpg IMG_0516.jpg IMG_0517.jpg IMG_0518.jpg IMG_0519.jpg

Yes, BeachBuggy Racing 2 is added, but this game is different. It's not an Atari game. It's a port from iOS & Android. It does a few cool things specific to Tesla and a new thing:

You used to access the games by hitting the T and go to Arcade. Now, you can slide up the controls and you'll see 2 new items - Toybox & Arcade:

When you launch the game (and go past the legal screens), it turns off the center console on Model S.
Then it scoots your seat to Driving position, if you have the Easy Entry feature turned on
It uses the steering wheel, and you can use your break to slow down the cars in the game (not the accelerator to speed it up)
After you exit the game, it scoots the seat back to Easy Entry mode and turns on the center console (Model S)

Pretty neat that the game is actually interacting with the car's computer system, rather than the Atari games which run isolated in a MAME emulator.

View attachment 422161 View attachment 422162 View attachment 422163 View attachment 422164 View attachment 422165 View attachment 422166
Thanks for the first useful post in this thread!

Does anyone actually play these built in games? I get that the car should be fun and it is a way to draw folks in and have something to talk about but are folks really sitting in there cars at Superchargers playing Beach Buggy? You would think they would spend those development resources on higher priority items. I would rather have them fix the dancing and spinning cars on the display then another video game.

Reactions: hungryjonjon

View attachment 422161 View attachment 422162 View attachment 422163 View attachment 422164 View attachment 422165 View attachment 422166
Are you on the 2019.20.4.1 ?

Does anyone actually play these built in games? I get that the car should be fun and it is a way to draw folks in and have something to talk about but are folks really sitting in there cars at Superchargers playing Beach Buggy? You would think they would spend those development resources on higher priority items. I would rather have them fix the dancing and spinning cars on the display then another video game.
I've been playing 2048 while supercharging. It does help kill time pretty well for me.

Reactions: raptor5244

I would when supercharging if I remembered to. SC is so fast for me (former Leaf owner) that it's usually about over by the time I have a bio break and am done responding to texts and emails.

Reactions: Deraillor