Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

software update 2022.16.1.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the few of you who have gotten this my hypothesis is that those of us who have the setup where you can select your level of regenerative braking won't get the option.

My reasoning is that Tesla isn't going to want to create and debug two sets of braking response curves. Since they don't offer the "low" setting anymore there is little benefit doing all the work. Sure they could make it impact only the "standard" setting, but it's likely to confuse people and once again has little upside for Tesla.

I hope I'm wrong however.

FWIW: the Apply Brakes when regenerative braking is limited option is now showing up. I have no idea when it appeared because I haven't been looking for it. I'm currently on 2022.20.7. It wasn't there when I got 2022.16.1.
Several times I've noticed that this feature seems to get disabled automatically. I'm not sure when or why. I've turned it on a number of times but when I go back to the Pedals & Steering menu the next day, it's disabled.

Good news! Also odd news. I downloaded 2022.20.8 tonight and my Dec 2018 AWD has the regenerative braking improvements.

The odd news is when I was running 2022.16.X it showed "Tire Configuration" where it now shows Regen on the latest software and has moved the Tire Configuration into 2022.20.8.

PXL_20220809_231605241.MP.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz