Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update date is not aligned with current date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This one is kinda hard to explain. But here I go.

So usually when I click on the button left corner button to go into the car setting and I click on Software and if you scroll to the the bottom you will see this

Your car software is up to date as of DD/MM Time

usually it will show the date and time the moment you are at that page. But as of 2 days ago I notice is not
reflecting the date and time as of the moment I’m checking. I’ve attached a screenshot and hope that will be more clear.

This issue happen rather I’m connected to LTE or WiFi, anyone have this issue?

Attachments

• 90086884-B457-4CEA-8C89-5E8A5B0BE477.jpeg
    90086884-B457-4CEA-8C89-5E8A5B0BE477.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 220
Reactions: Cyberjr
Is it changing at all? I always interpret that as the last time the car phoned home. While I don’t regularly scrutinize it, I kind of assumed it only checks periodically. From an infrastructure standpoint, having cars check too frequently unnecessarily increases the load on the servers, especially as the Tesla fleet increases in size.

Reactions: BnGrm
Is it changing at all? I always interpret that as the last time the car phoned home. While I don’t regularly scrutinize it, I kind of assumed it only checks periodically. From an infrastructure standpoint, having cars check too frequently unnecessarily increases the load on the servers, especially as the Tesla fleet increases in size.
The car charge fine. I just think maybe is a glitch or a bug at this moment.

• Funny
Reactions: Fiver
Is the date changing at all?
My car - 2021 Model 3 Long Range - was doing the same yesterday.

I noticed the date/time of the check was stuck on 28 May 10:01. When I went to the software page it did the normal “checking for updates” placeholder text for a few seconds then came back with the up to date message BUT the date/time remained at that time stamp from a couple of days earlier.

I have an open service request with Tesla for an intermittent charge port issue, so in my case I assumed they had put a block on updates for my car so the configuration wouldn’t change while they investigated it. Seeing this thread now maybe it is just some glitch. I am running firmware 2022.12.3.2.

i haven’t been to my car today to re-check.

I just checked on my car this afternoon. When I went to the software page it said 'checking for updates' then when it was finished it said "Your car software is up to date as of May 23 1:01 pm" I interpret that to mean that was the last time it downloaded a software/map update. Or maybe their servers are having issues?

I believe that when you open the software settings page, the car tries to check if there's an update available but if the response doesn't come in quick enough, it simply shows the result of the last time it checked successfully. They added the date maybe a year ago? Before that you would just get the result without a date. Just close the menu and open it again and you'll probably get it up to date that second time. That's what I do.

For me, flipping between menu pages, rebooting, and powering down the car all had no effect. Date of last check remains at May 25th
Same it doesn't matter what I do the date and time doesn't change when it used to. But after two days being like that on the third day I checked and boom it is back to normal showing the time and date as of me checking. So I say give it another day or two. It should suddenly I guess "Fixes itself"

My car - 2021 Model 3 Long Range - was doing the same yesterday.

I noticed the date/time of the check was stuck on 28 May 10:01. When I went to the software page it did the normal “checking for updates” placeholder text for a few seconds then came back with the up to date message BUT the date/time remained at that time stamp from a couple of days earlier.

I have an open service request with Tesla for an intermittent charge port issue, so in my case I assumed they had put a block on updates for my car so the configuration wouldn’t change while they investigated it. Seeing this thread now maybe it is just some glitch. I am running firmware 2022.12.3.2.

i haven’t been to my car today to re-check.
Same firmware, same issue. Mine hasn’t updated as if today. Not calling back