Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update Not Downloading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the message yesterday that a software update was available. I connected to wifi with a strong signal but nothing is happening. I have tried connecting about 5 different times but all it says is connect to wifi to download the update. Any ideas?

The same thing is happening to me, 2019.20.2.1 says update available since yesterday morning, but I did the steering wheel buttons + brake reset and brake. Nope, still stuck with one mm of green progress on there.

Attachments

• 15618576172688755608777333480283.jpg
    15618576172688755608777333480283.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 1,338
  • Helpful
Reactions: Brisket5652
Had same occur but the reset with brake and steering wheel buttons worked. It did flash a few times between Downloading Software Update and then Connect to WiFi to Download like it lost the connection but within a minute or so it did resume the download. I think it might have been something with some struggles to get WiFi connected for first time at same time an update was available and it trying to start during these struggles

Oddly, I’m having the same issue. Car is situated in the same WiFi hotspot zone as it usually is. I tried a number of things, including establishing a mobile hotspot, rebooting, shutting down, etc. I’ve had the update notification for software download - connect to WiFi for over 30 hours. I may need to go to support with this one.

Same problem. Tried to reach chat support but even though it says support is available to 8:30 PT, the option was grayed out before 7pm. Is there no support on weekends? That would be ridiculous.
Same problem here. I contacted support on Chat. They had me power off and reboot the center console. All things I have already tried. They then said they see it downloading on their side then told me to wait 3 hours. I told them nothing was downloading. I’m watching my Wi-Fi traffic and my connection to my car was completely idle. If I open the web browser and do a what’s my ip it shows my home internet IP and Wi-Fi works perfectly.

Basically the person on chat wanted to go home so passed me off the end of the day and told me to wait 3 hours (to coincide when support ended).

I absolutely love this car, but their support is terrible.

Reactions: cadetsea