Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Software Update(s) Failed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
Have a 2 week old X75D. Our first update was the Christmas 50.2 update on 12-24-17 and our 2nd was 50.3 “Beta Auto-Wipers” this morning 1-4-18.

Both updates reported “Software Update Failed” however the car and the app showed both software versions as ”installed”. Our S100D downloaded and installed the same two versions with no problems.

Anyone else having their X show as Software Failed but it actually installed. My SC says they reviewed the logs remotely and the car is fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Something isn’t going unite “fine” lol

Happened to my September '17 delivery AP2.5 X100D as well (50.2-->50.3). Also appears like the update actually succeeded. I put a call in to support 1/2 shortly after the failure to have them investigate but have not heard back yet (as it's working, I'm not that concerned with the delay). This has happened to me a few updates over the past few months. In but one case, no evidence of an actual failed install - version updated and new features appeared. The one failure I had was just after delivery, my first update (2017.34 --> .38). It did fail, and queued for successful re-install w/in two days.