Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It takes a few weeks to get caught up. Almost everyone is on 20.x now (see pic about 1 week old). You can use the App under Service and request a software update.

The easiest way to check for HW3 is to pull your Dashcam/Sentry Mode drive and check the format of the video recorded. HW 2.5 does H.264/AVC and HW3 is H.265/HEVC.
View attachment 431791

And how do you check the format? When I plug the USB into my PC and look at the file properties, I see nada...

And how do you check the format? When I plug the USB into my PC and look at the file properties, I see nada...

If you have windows, Download VLC Media player. Open a video with VLC. When its playing, right click, hit "Codec information". It will pull up a window with this info and you are set!

It takes a few weeks to get caught up. Almost everyone is on 20.x now (see pic about 1 week old). You can use the App under Service and request a software update.

The easiest way to check for HW3 is to pull your Dashcam/Sentry Mode drive and check the format of the video recorded. HW 2.5 does H.264/AVC and HW3 is H.265/HEVC.
View attachment 431791

Spot on info here. Looks like I have HW3 - happy about that! Also, took your recommendation of scheduling the service appt -- did that and I had the software push about 2 days later - followed up by a message from Service asking if I needed to keep the appointment, I cancelled since I only needed the update! All is well and loving the car!

Not important but here is what you see on a Mac.
Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 12.51.40 PM.png