Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I took delivery of M3 a week ago, I'm currently on an old software version 2019.35.108.
Is there a way to get my car to update?

Thanks,

Did you take delivery of a car you ordered, or one on the lot?

I had a problem where Tesla didn't have the car I bought (from inventory) marked in all their computers that I owned it. They still had it listed as being owned by Tesla. That caused me to have errors on the app when trying to schedule appointments and also not getting updates.

No one could figure out how to fix it even though they could see the problem. In the end, it did come out in the wash and I started getting updates 2-3 weeks after I picked up the car.

Last edited:
You can try a service call on your phone. They might be able to trigger a push.

Every update is worth it. Folks have no idea what’s updated that isn’t in the release notes and fixed or enhanced under the hood.

Same boat. Been a week and still waiting on the upgrade. I assume it will happen in a few weeks. It's a new car for me, so I'm not anxiously waiting on the upgrade. Just enjoying whatever I have for now. While I wait for the software update, I've made the following changes:
- floor carpet mats
- frunk rubber mat
- brighter LED lights for driver footwell, glovebox and trunk
- T logo puddle lights for front doors
- cabin camera blocker. i believe a future update will utilize the cabin camera which is on the rear view mirror housing. but, for now, i'd rather block it out. no use for it.
Future projects to be completed when this lockdown is done

- tint all windows to 30%
- radar detector wiring
- rear spoiler