Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software upgrade missing Sentry?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've tried to do some reading about the most recent software updates and what is being included. It seems that an update for one person may not include the same items as another person. I ask because I've been reading so much about Sentry and have really been looking forward to it. Unfortunately I still haven't see it yet. My most recent update was a couple of weeks ago when I got 2019.5.15 which included Dog Mode and Auto-Folding Mirrors Based on Location. Based on this release, shouldn't I have got Sentry Mode? If anyone has info to share, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

I've tried to do some reading about the most recent software updates and what is being included. It seems that an update for one person may not include the same items as another person. I ask because I've been reading so much about Sentry and have really been looking forward to it. Unfortunately I still haven't see it yet. My most recent update was a couple of weeks ago when I got 2019.5.15 which included Dog Mode and Auto-Folding Mirrors Based on Location. Based on this release, shouldn't I have got Sentry Mode? If anyone has info to share, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Open your phone app and select Controls.... You should have an option to turn on SENTRY.....

If your app shows it and it turns on..... You have it.... You just need to dig through the car menus a little... It's there in Security, I think...

Reactions: Johnstac
On the car, it’s in Settings/Security and you may need to scroll down to see it. And yeah if the app has it you have it. We tested it yesterday and it works fine. Be sure to put all phone (keys) out of range or in airplane mode when you test it! :D

(We have it in the menu in 2019.5.15)

Open your phone app and select Controls.... You should have an option to turn on SENTRY.....

If your app shows it and it turns on..... You have it.... You just need to dig through the car menus a little... It's there in Security, I think...

Thanks Chris! I got the update last week and like the OP I was bummed at no mention of Sentry mode in the release notes. Assumed I would get it in the next update but after reading your reply I checked my app and I already have it! Score one for the power of the TMC forum.

Reactions: Chris350