Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software v.12 2024.14.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 2024.14.8 this morning, which allegedly just included "minor fixes". But when I started up later, the image of my car covered almost the whole screen, and the cabin temperature had been changed to 68. It took me a minute to get the display back to normal map and car. Now, the car image covers the screen every time I go to Park or enter the car after it being parked.

Anyone know what else this update did?

Tesla letting the 20-somethings play with the UI. Why the heck do I need a full-screen image of my parked car taking up the ENTIRE display? It was already bad enough that the left third of the display is basically wasted most of the time. Oh and thanks for making the navigation endpoint information harder to read, forcing me to select "large text" for everything. And the black/green power meter which was actually useful is now relegated to a ridiculously thin vertical line adhered to the leftmost bezel where it becomes practically invisible. At least the speed display got bigger. Still not as useful as having basic information in the correct location in the car, but at least now it's readable without foveal vision.

I miss the black/green bar showing realtime rate of charge/discharge. I like the speedometer getting larger, but does it need to be SO big? Bring back the tiny bar that showed green when I went down a big hill.
It's still there, but now it's vertical, super-thin, and it's adhered to the left edge of the display against the black bezel so it's harder to see.

Reactions: Falcon73 and iamnid
Does anyone know how or if the new ui allows you to change audio sources without going to the main menu? The old ui allowed you to swipe up and select an audio sources from the little play, forward, stop, back control box. That option is no long present from what I can tell.