Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
950F0CF0-877A-4644-B927-BF0669673E13.png

I have my hardware installed but don’t have PTO yet.

From what I’ve gathered, the Neurio transmits it’s own connectable wifi signal for a few minutes after being powered up. I found this out by looking up setup instructions on the PWRView app. I confirmed the Tesla version of the Neurio does transmit a wifi signal after powering up but I couldn’t get it setup in the PWRView app. This is probably due to it being Tesla-specific version of the hardware and designed to only connect to the Tesla inverter.

My guess is the Neurio is always transmitting on a hidden wifi network that the Tesla inverter picks up, and processes that data.

From what I’ve gathered, the Neurio transmits it’s own connectable wifi signal for a few minutes after being powered up. I found this out by looking up setup instructions on the PWRView app. I confirmed the Tesla version of the Neurio does transmit a wifi signal after powering up but I couldn’t get it setup in the PWRView app. This is probably due to it being Tesla-specific version of the hardware and designed to only connect to the Tesla inverter.

My guess is the Neurio is always transmitting on a hidden wifi network that the Tesla inverter picks up, and processes that data.
Have you tried running your system for a full day? If so do you have what I’m seeing? Also do you see consumption data?

Yes I think that's it as well. I've been trying to connect to it to see the configuration because the Grid and Home data points in the application are crossed. Not sure how that happened but it must be in the config somehow. I can connect tp the WiFi but the app doesn't recognize that connection for some reason. Still looking...