Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solid Top vs Pano for hot summer driving and noise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am ordering a second model s and found with my current one the A/C does not seem to cut it into summer 90+F temps. Want the satellite radio so have to go with Pano or solid top. I have heard solid top is more quiet and warmer in the winter and of course cooler in the summer.

Anyone have any comments on this??

Have had my P85 for 4 summers now in Texas with a pano roof.

During the summer, if I vent the roof and run the A/C (using the smartphone app) 10-15 minutes prior to getting to the car, interior temperature is fine.

And if I set the temperature a few degrees below what I would use in other cars (such as 71 in my Tesla), cooling has been fine inside, even on the hottest days.

Note that the solid glass roof loses the "vent roof feature", and, as mentioned above, you also lose XM radio.

I have the Pano and before I added tint it was a bit warmer than desired. After the tint it was just fine, granted I put 5% tint on so I can't see out of it except when I'm looking directly at the sun. I'm thinking of actually putting a lighter tint on it to let a little more light through but with the current tint it's not any warmer than a solid roof.