Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Some good news for EV's in Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did also. :)
Not personal, I just think this is a very short term win. A long term approach is what I was hoping for. If not, then out the money in the hands of the Tex payers in another form.
I believe Ford will lose it, so we all lose. :)
It's ok. I don't care about disagrees. Just thought it was funny to come back to the forum and see 11 notifications hahah.

plus 4 from you of course ;)

On a serious note though. I do hope you're wrong. I hope that the good intention of this investment will mean a more prosperous and solid automotive sector in Canada so we don't have to hear (what feels like a yearly event), how X auto company is/ may be pulling out of Canada.

Reactions: M109Rider
It's ok. I don't care about disagrees. Just thought it was funny to come back to the forum and see 11 notifications hahah.

plus 4 from you of course ;)

On a serious note though. I do hope you're wrong. I hope that the good intention of this investment will mean a more prosperous and solid automotive sector in Canada so we don't have to hear (what feels like a yearly event), how X auto company is/ may be pulling out of Canada.

I hope I’m wrong also.

I wish Toyota would have committed to EV’s 10 years ago. Weren’t they once partnered with Tesla, like a lifetime ago?
Not partnered really, they just collaborated on the EV RAV, which Toyota eventually gave up on.

I don’t think we’d see Toyota in Canada. The Japanese way just wouldn’t mesh with our workforce IMHO. GM doesn’t have the resources to open up in Canada, I doubt any of the German brands want to. Doesn’t leave a lotta other options.
While I want Tesla to expand into Canada, I don’t think that’s in the cards right now.

Not partnered really, they just collaborated on the EV RAV, which Toyota eventually gave up on.

I don’t think we’d see Toyota in Canada. The Japanese way just wouldn’t mesh with our workforce IMHO. GM doesn’t have the resources to open up in Canada, I doubt any of the German brands want to. Doesn’t leave a lotta other options.
While I want Tesla to expand into Canada, I don’t think that’s in the cards right now.

Tesla actually supplied the EV power train to Toyota as they did with Mercedes. Those contracts kept Tesla alive in the early days.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Murky-Article
I don’t think we’d see Toyota in Canada. The Japanese way just wouldn’t mesh with our workforce IMHO.

I'm not sure what you mean in this statement. Toyota has 2 assembly plants in Canada already. Both are profitable, and have decent quality. Cambridge and Woodstock Ontario.
From their website: "Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than seven million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid."

I'm not sure what you mean in this statement. Toyota has 2 assembly plants in Canada already. Both are profitable, and have decent quality. Cambridge and Woodstock Ontario.
From their website: "Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than seven million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid."
I think the RAV4 EV was built in Canada too!

Reactions: cdswm3