Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

some help for my bachelor thesis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello community,

I´m Sven from Germany and I´m writing this semester my bachelor thesis about the future of the car and specifically about Tesla.

For this I need your help. I´m impressed by you guys like you already shaping the world of tomorrow.
A few of you I would like to ask some questions. I am interested in people from the USA and China.

Here are some people willing to answer my questions?

Would be very grateful.

best regards
Sven

Sure. I have no technical knowledge, but if you're just looking for attitudes about cars and Tesla, I'd be happy to answer a few questions. My bias ahead of time: I hate gasoline and love electric cars. I drive a Tesla and I'm a big Tesla fanboy. I've been driving electric for just over a decade, since I got my Zap Xebra. (Which I no longer have.)

If you're looking for solid information about how electric cars work or specifically what Tesla is doing, I'm probably the wrong person to ask.

Hey Guys,

thanks for your help :)

During my research I asked myself the following question.
It would be great if you could tell me how you think about it.

If Tesla is unique, with what brand or company would you compare Tesla's mindset? So which company would most likely match Tesla in terms of structure, mission, vision, values and all that.

thanks in advance
Sven

Every company is unique. Tesla's niche is that it set out to build a high-quality high-performance electric car at a time when other car makers didn't think EVs could be practical. Being the first, it remains the leader roughly a decade in. Elon Musk is a visionary, committed to a goal.

There have been countless companies that, in their own fields, have been pioneers. Tesla is no different from them except for the field it's in, and every such company has its field. I particularly like Tesla because it happens to be in a field (electric transportation) that I've long been interested in. But the only really special thing about Tesla is that it's building something I happen to want, and doing so with a commitment to quality. In this age of commoditization there are lots of companies making indistinguishable garbage. But there are also lots of companies making quality products, so in that respect, there's not all that much that's special about Tesla.

Sven - great that you're doing this. Read "Zero to One" by Peter Thiel (a co-founder of PayPal, together with Elon Musk). It's a short and very interesting read about what, in his opinion, differentiates Tesla, Apple, Google et al. from others.