Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some reassurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks. Just thought a bit of reassurance might be of help for those worried about current Tesla quality. We took delivery of a new LR Y 10 days ago and, to date, have found a very slight (almost imperceptible) overspray...it will rub out pretty easily...and a slight wrinkle in the headliner. And that's it! Everything else is in excellent shape and everything works as advertised. And, by the way, this is our third Tesla so we'd likely discover anything not up to spec. So don't despair..Go ahead and place your order! Thanks Tesla!

I have the same on order, my first Tesla and appreciate your post. I'm not so concerned about paint or other minor issues that are easily fixed, as much as I am about things like wheels and roofs falling off, which are the exception not the rule but with my luck...

First post after a long time of lurking....

I will add we picked up our Y two weeks ago in Denver, and only had to have the passenger door adjusted slightly to line up the trim. It was really close and likely would have been considered in "spec," however the driver side was absolutely perfectly aligned front to back so we wanted it to match. One small clear coat smudge on the the hood came out with meguiars when I washed and waxed it the first weekend. Otherwise, the car is flawless, and lines are near perfection. Couldn't be happier with the car.

My June delivery had a few flaws that Tesla quickly corrected. The paint isn't flawless - even if it was, i had a large stone hit my door and scratch it to the metal a few days ago. Flawless cars don't stay flawless. I just got my Dr color chip kit in the mail, we'll see how that goes.

Looking at my MY as a car that is imperfect and wears out over time, I am enjoying this car more than any other I've had. If I expected a bug free, flawless piece of art, I would be disappointed. Fortunately, I view it as a car.

Reactions: Dennisis
Its kind of funny looking back at the anxiety I had when picking up my AWD. After reading the threads on here I was fully expecting it to be a POS and having to walk away disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised!

- I didn't check my paint too closely, but it looked good to me.
- I had a headliner wrinkle and they replaced the entire headliner.
- I have the rear seat rattle, but its really minor. I'll get it fixed when I have time.
- The car itself is just phenomenal! I've been saving so much money--each tank of premium gas would be $60 in my old gasser and now I'm paying a few bucks here and there for 5-10-15-20 kWh of juice.

I have high expectations for my CyberTruck now.

Hi folks. Just thought a bit of reassurance might be of help for those worried about current Tesla quality. We took delivery of a new LR Y 10 days ago and, to date, have found a very slight (almost imperceptible) overspray...it will rub out pretty easily...and a slight wrinkle in the headliner. And that's it! Everything else is in excellent shape and everything works as advertised. And, by the way, this is our third Tesla so we'd likely discover anything not up to spec. So don't despair..Go ahead and place your order! Thanks Tesla!

Reactions: Dennisis