Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some Tesla hate on the highway...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving in Orlando yesterday with my wife on a road trip and got my first Tesla hate. Was on NAP and stable in a single lane, so I know I didn’t do anything abnormal. Anyway, a red Mercedes SUV pulled in front of us in the left lane and opened the passenger window and flicked us off then pulled back with the passenger and driver laughing as I shook my head and smiled at them.

Tried to get the jackass on the dash cam, but for some reason the clip didn’t save.

Reminded me of the old joke. What’s the difference between a porcupine and a Mercedes? On a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.

Driving in Orlando yesterday with my wife on a road trip and got my first Tesla hate. Was on NAP and stable in a single lane, so I know I didn’t do anything abnormal. Anyway, a red Mercedes SUV pulled in front of us in the left lane and opened the passenger window and flicked us off then pulled back with the passenger and driver laughing as I shook my head and smiled at them.

Tried to get the jackass on the dash cam, but for some reason the clip didn’t save.

Reminded me of the old joke. What’s the difference between a porcupine and a Mercedes? On a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.

My assumption was that it wasn't Tesla hate, but the way that you were driving, especially if you were staying in a single lane. Were you doing the speed limit?

Some dude in truck yelled “drive your car you a$$hol3.” We were in traffic conditions and I had autopilot engaged.

Isn't that lovely and so low class. We live in a world of rude and crude people who feel it's their place to put others down and bully others. Sounds like someone hating upcoming autonomus driving not necessarily the car possibly, because at some point there will be more cars on the road with the same/similar features.

Last edited:

Chances are you had footage of them but hit the icon to send it to the USB too soon. If it's mid-minute it won't add that last minute to the 10-minute file (only previous 10 minutes). Always give it a minute or two before you try saving it if something just happened. The footage BTW would have still been in your RecentClips until it got recorded over in the buffer so if you pulled the USB you could have found it there.

Haven't really experienced the hate, but have been able to witness more of the idiocy of others when driving. TeslaCam has been fun too!

It is amazing to see how many bad drivers are out there while on autopilot. I could be 5-10 over the limit in the middle lane (flow of traffic or just me), and still get some idiot swerving in and out of lanes like they're an Indy driver. Never a cop when you want them.

I had a guy in a Lamborghini with the top open passing me on the left while having his phone buired in his face. No shame.

Reactions: JeffnReno
Chances are you had footage of them but hit the icon to send it to the USB too soon. If it's mid-minute it won't add that last minute to the 10-minute file (only previous 10 minutes). Always give it a minute or two before you try saving it if something just happened. The footage BTW would have still been in your RecentClips until it got recorded over in the buffer so if you pulled the USB you could have found it there.
TeslaCam stops when you tap the camera icon, and includes the recording even if mid minute. Note: you have to tap the camera icon to save the clips (move to Saved Clips folder).

If you press and hold the camera icon, you are switching TeslaCam off. This is the case where you lose mid-minute clips. Additionally, you are not saving clips (moving from rolling folder to Saved Clips).

TeslaCam Instructions and Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.