Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some thermals of my Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Dazureus To me, the cool down video shows the ventilation really doesn't work, as others, including me, have reported. I don't see any real airflow in there or meaningful cooling.

That said, there's just supposed to be ambient air, so it shouldn't really be cooling, but you should see airflow and I don't really see that. It's on my list for the SC.

@Dazureus To me, the cool down video shows the ventilation really doesn't work, as others, including me, have reported. I don't see any real airflow in there or meaningful cooling.

That said, there's just supposed to be ambient air, so it shouldn't really be cooling, but you should see airflow and I don't really see that. It's on my list for the SC.

It is just ambient air and there are two factors at play in my video. 1: This is a "cool down" right after a short heat up, so the heating elements are still dissipating heat. 2: the ambient air temp was only 10 degrees F cooler than the heated seat so the coloration gradient used to show temperature was that great. If you compare the beginning of the video to the end, you can see where the greatest areas of temperature differential are. This thermal camera displays more on temperature difference in the viewable area rather than absolute temperature to color equivalence. I think the software can set coloration cut offs so I'll play around with it and post the results.