Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soon to be MY owner essential accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we placed an order 2 days ago, good timing with the new price drop. White with black interior. Ive just been looking at basics to increase quality of life inside. So far my list of interior accessories from abstractocean to buy are:

1. Screen cover
2. Vinyl center console + matching steering emblem wrap
3. Extra tray
4. Rubber tray/cup holder liners
5. Door release button
6. Floor/trunk/frunk mats (not sure where to buy this yet)

Is there anything else that could be deemed necessary? The most I'll do to the exterior is plastidip the badges (still bizarrely chrome even though they blacked out everything else) and maybe ppf bra if I can find an affordable shop.

I pre-ordered a USB hub which also hides the SSD for the dashcam/sentry, TAPTES Tesla Model 3 & Model Y USB Hub

Also ordered the Samsung T5 SSD to store said dash cam and sentry videos. Ordered a cell phone mount because I find I still use waze and looking down at the phone isn't the safest, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083W1SCN4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the floor mats it seems the best rated for the model 3 are the MAXPIDER ones, you can pre order them from teslarati - Tesla Model Y All-Weather 3D MAXpider Floor Mats and Liners

Also shameless plug for my abstract ocean referral Accessorize your Tesla!

In hindsight I think I would have gotten the center console shell vs vinyl, but YMMV depending on how well you can install the vinyl. I thought I did a pretty good job but it exaggerates the gapping, but could also be because I bought white carbon to match my white interior.

I got these for the trunk, front and back. The trunk liner is good but I wish it was just a little smaller. Overall super happy and there was a discount code I found someone posting here before so might be worth a look if they still have a promotion going.
Tesla Model Y Accessories
Yeah I might do tesmanian for the trunkfloor, nothing for drunk and hidden cargo in back, and maxpider or weathertech for driver and pass

Oh yeah, forgot to list these for dashcam. Should order.

Is a high endurance micro the best option over an actual ssd? I'd assume an ssd might have power draw issues
I got the roadie for Tesla, although honestly with the Tesla on screen viewer it's not that necessary. Looking back I should have gotten just a a big memory card. The novelty of Sentry wore off fast, probably won't be watching it unless some damage occurs.

So far I have purchased:

- 14-50 cable for the charger as well as various adapter to 14-50 and an RV extension cord (as I charge from my stove outlet)
- Tesmanian trunk/frunk cover
- Screen protector

I also repurposed an old wifi router a a wifi repeater as my Y wasn't getting a good wifi signal (1 bar and was flaky and kept getting dropped), now with the repeater it is pretty stable. SO maybe a cheap wifi repeater.

You are likely going to need a some kind of USB hub. The Y comes with one USB-A and one USB-C port in the front. I went with a simple 4 port USB 3.0 Hub for like $10. Other suggest the Jeda HUB. The advantage to the Jeda is that it plugs into the two USB ports up front and provides for a space for the SSD drive to be hidden as well as providing more ports both A and C types. The disadvantage is that it is $80. My simple 4 port hub is working fine. I have the SSD plugged into that as well as the MagiStick that allows me to use a wireless Xbox controller to play the Beach Buggy game. The controller, sadly, doesn't seem to work well for some of the other games such as Asteroids or Missile Command.
I got the Tesmanian floor mats for the front and trunk which work very well. Haven't not yet decided if the frunk needs one or not.
I agree with the 14-50 plug, if you are going to add a 240V, 50A outlet to the parking spot. That allows you to charge from near 0% to full (80% usually) overnight (takes a few hours). I also agree that you'll need a decent wi-fi signal to reach the car to get updates.

To contribute, I agree with a healthy chunk of stuff people have suggested. My first purchases will be:

1. After market hitch (bike and cargo racks - not towing anything)
2. A “half cover” for the MY - I may still buy a full cover later, but if its a PITA to put on and off, I’ll end up not using it.
3. Definitely the carbon fiber panel covers for the console, maybe for the dash later (TBD)
4. No idea how I want to mount my phone yet

For everything else - I’m going to have checkpoints every 500 miles to tease out “do I need this or that thing” etc. New vehicle, a couple of new use cases (including car camping)

Oh yeah, forgot to list these for dashcam. Should order.

Is a high endurance micro the best option over an actual ssd? I'd assume an ssd might have power draw issues

Actually, MicroSD will draw less power than SSD. SSD is an excellent choice, but it is made for desktop/computing environment vs high endurance (not the standard micro high speed micro sd) micro sd is made for dashcam/action, more frequent rewrites, and smaller smaller footprint. I'm not against external SSD, like Samsung T5. But it's more costly and you the smallest size is 512gb. Once your interest with dashcam/sentry mode wear off, you will realize you don't need to store all the footage. In reality, you probably just need a few footages at most. The extra space is for the system to write/rewrite.

Oh, and you might need to purchase a spacer for your wireless charger so your phone with case won't slide off the stand and better wireless coil alignment with larger phones - Phone Dock Adapter / Spacer for Tesla Model 3 Center Console

Dashboard ABS Cover - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TZTF9T2
Center Console ABS Cover - https://www.amazon.com/LMZX-Center-Console-Plastic-Accessories/dp/B081CDHMY2

My video that talked about all accessories that I found useful (including items I mentioned above)

To contribute, I agree with a healthy chunk of stuff people have suggested. My first purchases will be:

1. After market hitch (bike and cargo racks - not towing anything)
2. A “half cover” for the MY - I may still buy a full cover later, but if its a PITA to put on and off, I’ll end up not using it.
3. Definitely the carbon fiber panel covers for the console, maybe for the dash later (TBD)
4. No idea how I want to mount my phone yet

For everything else - I’m going to have checkpoints every 500 miles to tease out “do I need this or that thing” etc. New vehicle, a couple of new use cases (including car camping)

Did you end up deciding a bike rack?