Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorry for invading your space, non tesla owner with a question about Hitches.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm saddened that so far the only answer I've gotten from tesla was to be added to their mailing list and sent spam material....

If anyone has a dealer visit scheduled would you mind asking if the receiver adapter piece can be purchased separately? And how much it would cost?

I'm saddened that so far the only answer I've gotten from tesla was to be added to their mailing list and sent spam material....

If anyone has a dealer visit scheduled would you mind asking if the receiver adapter piece can be purchased separately? And how much it would cost?

Have you tried calling a service center directly? You could try one of the Toronto Service Centers and see if they would ship you an adapter: (905) 678-1000.

So finally got a hold of someone with answers and the answer was no :) They said they barely have enough to supply their customers they are unable to supply to the public. It even sounds like they may not have enough to offer you guys replacements if you loose it at this point. I'd almost guess they bought the old stock from bosal and bosal hasn't made any new ones. Which would explain the response form Bosal and Tesla.

So if anyone has a spare they want to get rid of PM me :) Of if someone reading this is buying a model X but never plans to tow. let me know what the option costs to get the hitch maybe I'll buy it for you if you send me the adapter :)

That's why I need the 2" reciever. The Ball mount I use is very phallic and that leads to you know debauchery on the highway. So I got this thing.

hitch2.jpg
Anybody wanna pitch in to buy this guy a Tesla so he sticks around?

Reactions: MXFan
A long shot, but any chance someone has a hitch 1027582-00-A they would like to sell? I'm a TMS 75D owner in Norway and have the Bosal hitch, but a lot of the accessories are quite expensive compared to 2'' accessories. Would be nice to have the option to use 2'' accessories also.