Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound EQ settings changed. Worst sound?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sound update on version .20. :

EQ settings are back to +-12.
More importantly, sound has improved considerably. Power seems to be restored to allow for a good dB level of listening even at vol 5.
Overall bass and highs have also been restored to where they were prior to .12 release, which started the whole audio sound issue.

Kids notice the most difference in the rear for bass, mid and highs. :) they are my ‘test’ lol.

How do I get the update?
It’s not showing up on my x.

I didn’t get PUP £6k in the UK for a filter, heated seats that will be used once a year if I’m lucky, a self present door which I suspect I’d disable and perm sound... just didn’t see value for money.

It's expensive, no doubt about that, but I like the features. Even started using the self-presenting doors recently and they work surprisingly well without issue. But for me that was the least attractive feature of the PUP. If they were separate items I would have chosen all except the auto doors. The heated steering wheel was a revelation in the winter, first time I've had that feature in a car.

I agree, but it does depend on the source material.

Now I'm wondering what source material would warrant that! Anything I've listened to has been seriously loud over 7 on volume with neutral EQ. Add in +12 dB on bass and it's a total booming mess. When I get 2018.20 I will be surprised if anything changes on my system. I'm impressed with the Spotify premium sound quality in the MX.