Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California (Orange County) Tesla Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to let you guys know I stopped in on Tuesday when someone canceled their appointment and got my windows tinted and my center console wrapped. It came out great! I went with the 70/40 and I don't have any visibility problems at all. There was 3 teslas when I arrived at 9 in the morning, not sure if they were a part of the group buy. I didn't get the PPF done yet because Tesla STILL hasn't fixed my paint. I'm on an indefinite wait list until there body shops clear up and have space/time for me. They are also running low on loaners too apparently.

I'm planning to wash and wax my car this Sunday to get some protection, I'll have pictures up after. I will try and fulfill the request for the roof picture inside the car tomorrow when the sun is out.

And yes, the price is still going but the wait is pretty long @XBS9

Reactions: tracksyde
Hi everyone, I went with this group buy and got my windows tinted recently by Jesse. I like the results. However, I was looking online on how to verify if I actually got crystalline film rather than a cheaper 3m film like color stable. I found a thread on a bimmer website (Google: how do I know if this is real 3m crystalline) that said you should see a color change when you look at the tint from an angle. Also we should have gotten warranty cards with the serial number of the film roll.

I don't see a blue haze when I look at my tint. I also didn't get a warranty card.

Does anyone else know how to know for sure we got crystalline? And did anyone receive a 3M warranty card from Jesse? Thanks everyone!

• Helpful
Reactions: Promo714 and sbtz
Just wanted to let you guys know I stopped in on Tuesday when someone canceled their appointment and got my windows tinted and my center console wrapped. It came out great! I went with the 70/40 and I don't have any visibility problems at all. There was 3 teslas when I arrived at 9 in the morning, not sure if they were a part of the group buy. I didn't get the PPF done yet because Tesla STILL hasn't fixed my paint. I'm on an indefinite wait list until there body shops clear up and have space/time for me. They are also running low on loaners too apparently.

I'm planning to wash and wax my car this Sunday to get some protection, I'll have pictures up after. I will try and fulfill the request for the roof picture inside the car tomorrow when the sun is out.

And yes, the price is still going but the wait is pretty long @XBS9

Was curious did you go 40% on the sunroof too? i went 70% since it was already tinted, but wasnt sure

Hey guys,

I will get my Tesla Model 3 tomorrow, and I really wanted to protect with PPF and Ceramic. I talked to so many places until I found this place on Long Beach, CA from Yelp. His work really stands out, and he is an expert with Tesla Model 3, S, and X. I went to talk to the owner to see if I can get a group discount so I don't pay a lot for my Tesla. He agrees to give me this price if I bring a big group for tesla model 3 cars. he gives me a huge discount comparing to other stores. hopefully, we can get it. He said the two options, he is giving a discount for 20 people. So my understanding the price might change after some number.

Group code: "LBTESLA"

Here are the options he gave me:
  • Option 1: - 3 days installation
  • PPF Full car rap - bumper to bumper, Opti-Coat or Xpel Ultimate (10 years warranty)
  • Coat Ceramic pro silver full exterior (7 years warranty)
  • Include Color Correction if need it.
  • cost $4500

Option 2: 3-5 days installation
  • PPF Full car rap - bumper to bumper (10 years warranty)
  • Coat Ceramic pro full interior (5 years warranty)
  • cost $5500

Option 3: 3 days avg installation
  • PPF Full front (10 years warranty)
  • Coat Ceramic pro full interior (5 years warranty)
  • Include clean detailing interior + Exterior
  • cost $2400

This is my first time I am protecting my car, and I see his store have a Yelp review of 5 stars, and I see he did a lot of Teslas.

I am thinking to go with option 1, hopefully, we get the discount.

Call Phone number(562) 400-9479 his name is Saut don't forget to mention Group code: "LBTESLA" so we all get the discount
Store name:
Xscend Detailing
yelp Xscend Detailing - Long Beach, CA

Hi everyone, I went with this group buy and got my windows tinted recently by Jesse. I like the results. However, I was looking online on how to verify if I actually got crystalline film rather than a cheaper 3m film like color stable. I found a thread on a bimmer website (Google: how do I know if this is real 3m crystalline) that said you should see a color change when you look at the tint from an angle. Also we should have gotten warranty cards with the serial number of the film roll.

I don't see a blue haze when I look at my tint. I also didn't get a warranty card.

Does anyone else know how to know for sure we got crystalline? And did anyone receive a 3M warranty card from Jesse? Thanks everyone!
I got a warranty printout with the details of the installation including the "run number" which I assume is the serial number of the roll used for the car. Also FWIW color stable has a bluish tint but Crystalline has a light brown tint.

• Informative
I got a warranty printout with the details of the installation including the "run number" which I assume is the serial number of the roll used for the car. Also FWIW color stable has a bluish tint but Crystalline has a light brown tint.

Did you get the warranty card from Jesse? Is there a way to verify the "run number" to know it is crystalline?

And hm, I read from multiple places online that crystalline tends to give a blue hue.

thanks!

Did you get the warranty card from Jesse? Is there a way to verify the "run number" to know it is crystalline?

And hm, I read from multiple places online that crystalline tends to give a blue hue.

thanks!
Got it from Roger when I paid up. I'm pretty sure all Crystalline tints brown. It's so well known that apparently Dub (a competitor tint brand) had a marketing campaign called "No Brown" when they launched their Crystalline competitor.

I had an issue years back when a dealer comp'd me with a free crystalline tint because of all the service and poor communication issues. I didn't find out until maybe 6 months later when I switched service centers that they had used the cheaper Color Stable and not Crystalline. The old tint was clearly bluish and the new tint I have on all three cars tint slightly brown (I have 90%, 70%, 50% and 40%).

• Informative
Rodz only does ceramic coating on top of the PPF. Anyone know of a place that does whole car ceramic coating for a good price?

Use "LBTESLA" group code with Xscend Detailing and they will give us this special discount:
  • PPF Full front $1600 (10 years warranty)
  • PPF 24 in $1400 (10 years warranty)
  • PPF 18 in $1200 (10 years warranty)
  • Full ceramic coating exterior $745 (2-year warranty)
  • Full ceramic coating exterior $845 (3-year warranty)
  • Full ceramic coating exterior $1045 (5-year warranty)
  • Full ceramic coating exterior $1145 (7-year warranty)

Call Saut to book an appointment(562) 400-9479, he is the owner and he answer his phone anytime. Very friendly and expert on the field.

• Disagree
Reactions: Nevertipsy
Use "LBTESLA" group code with Xscend Detailing and they will give us this special discount:

Call Saut to book an appointment(562) 400-9479, he is the owner and he answer his phone anytime. Very friendly and expert on the field.

Do they do custom cut PPF or is it also a kit like Rodz?

Not cool hijacking this thread make your own.., @Nevertipsy ..put some effort into this ...

They do not, separate entities. Rodz uses a precut kit, with emblem cutouts, side camera, seams on the front bumper and does not go over the top edge of the hood either. For $1200, I haven't found anyone cheaper in Socal.
how's their tint job? it's a very long drive for me to get there, just want to make sure it's worth it.
how long does it usually take for a full glass tint?