Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern California (Orange County) Tesla Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well guys, Tesla hit me up, I have round 2 with them on Monday, Hopefully all goes well! I'd hate to reject another one. Its at Costa Mesa again, and this time I'm going to take a ton of pictures (I have 2 from last time) in case the manager tries to empty threat me again. I sent my pictures to the Tesla Concierge person who books the appointments, so she knows whats up.

What has been your VINs?

First Vin was 422xx second is 421xx, I'm prepared to take tons of pictures this time if I have to escalate. but hopefully all goes well, I REALLY hope it does. Take it to Rodz, install a dash camera, that hopefully EVtuning gets enough orders in for that group buy... but above all else, have functioning AC and not having to wait at the costco gas line in FV?

Good luck...my car had a flaw a black glue type of stain on the top right side of car on paint..i couldnt remove it despite scrubbing it with a microfiber clothe..kinda caused a few paint swirls..smh. i told the sales rep and he said he would fix..but i forgot about it since i was too stoked about the car lol

Has anyone used the Ontario location? I am in the Inland Empire and want to do the chrome delete, dash, and center console, but I'm worried the Ontario shop doesn't have a lot of experience doing this and I'm not looking to be their guinea pig. I tried calling Roger 2 days in a row, but he was in meetings both times.

Has anyone used the Ontario location? I am in the Inland Empire and want to do the chrome delete, dash, and center console, but I'm worried the Ontario shop doesn't have a lot of experience doing this and I'm not looking to be their guinea pig. I tried calling Roger 2 days in a row, but he was in meetings both times.

Group buy pricing DOES NOT apply to the Ontario location, Only at the store in Fountain Valley. FV definitely has more experience with Teslas. Message Roger on Yelp, hes usually pretty good at responding there. its my preferred way of contacting him.

For legal reasons, and cause I really don't want a police ticket.... I was gonna go 70 on the front, since thats the legal limit, and then 40 all around the sides to match. Also I checked my quote from signature just right now, and it was indeed 1060 just like Mistax said. that being said I still rather go with 3M Crystalline for $700 :p I'm going to use the savings to wrap my console cause I hear piano black is terrible with scratches/fingerprints.

Hey Never, hate to be THAT guy, but CA law says that ANYTHING on the front windshield (except at the top 4") is illegal. Front sides are also pretty much illegal, as they say minimum is 70 VLT (so anything more is pretty much everything out there). Back and rear are GTG for anything.

California Tint Laws - 2017 & 2018 - Car Tinting Laws

All that being said, the few times I've been pulled over, I roll down all my windows and open the sunroof since I figure maybe I can hide my tints, and I bet the cops appreciate being able to see better into the car. And they didn't mention it. Maybe I just got lucky though. My Model X is fully tinted all around, and it's never been pulled over. And almost every car out there seems to be tinted all around too. Some people will go a shade lighter on the front sides so that the cops think it's factory... but I bet they see so many cars, they know what's factory and what's not.

Still getting the full window treatment tho.

And thanks again for organizing this!

Well guys, Tesla hit me up, I have round 2 with them on Monday, Hopefully all goes well! I'd hate to reject another one. Its at Costa Mesa again, and this time I'm going to take a ton of pictures (I have 2 from last time) in case the manager tries to empty threat me again. I sent my pictures to the Tesla Concierge person who books the appointments, so she knows whats up.
what's the reason for you to reject it at costa mesa? i'm going to there on sunday to pick up my car. Anything i should look out for? My Vin was assigned last week 44xxx.

Anyone consider just getting PPF for their front bumper? Any cons to this idea? Will the PPF look stick out? I've never seen it on a car before but I recall how it performs on my phones/devices from a decade ago and it has a very different type of feel/look than without it.

I'm in!! Just got my wife's Model 3 (Red) at Costa Mesa last week.
We live in Upland, Can we get the same deal, same quality services at their Ontario Parent Store?

As been reported by others, the deal is only available at the Fountain Valley location. I also just called Rod and he said they're pretty booked throughout the month so get your reservations/deposits in if you want it done relatively soon.

what's the reason for you to reject it at costa mesa? i'm going to there on sunday to pick up my car. Anything i should look out for? My Vin was assigned last week 44xxx.

I had two heavy paint chips on the front lip, where the paint was literally knocked off and you could see black under. I cant buff that out, it has to be repainted. I also had a trunk panel that was out of alignment probably 3-4 mm, you could notice it with the naked eye. I have pictures, but I'm not here to bash tesla, I want to love the car. I just want them to do right.

I had two heavy paint chips on the front lip, where the paint was literally knocked off and you could see black under. I cant buff that out, it has to be repainted. I also had a trunk panel that was out of alignment probably 3-4 mm, you could notice it with the naked eye. I have pictures, but I'm not here to bash tesla, I want to love the car. I just want them to do right.
I hope they replace the bumper. Unless they gave you a new car with a different VIN #.

Mines is scheduled for Aug. 22nd.

I asked if they had 3M 90% for the front windshield which they unfortunately don't :(. I'm particularly concerned about how vision through the front windshield is with 70% tint especially at night time as I've heard there was issues with seeing dark objects/light glare. I'd love to tint the front, but afraid of usability issues.

Hey Never, hate to be THAT guy, but CA law says that ANYTHING on the front windshield (except at the top 4") is illegal. Front sides are also pretty much illegal, as they say minimum is 70 VLT (so anything more is pretty much everything out there). Back and rear are GTG for anything.

California Tint Laws - 2017 & 2018 - Car Tinting Laws

All that being said, the few times I've been pulled over, I roll down all my windows and open the sunroof since I figure maybe I can hide my tints, and I bet the cops appreciate being able to see better into the car. And they didn't mention it. Maybe I just got lucky though. My Model X is fully tinted all around, and it's never been pulled over. And almost every car out there seems to be tinted all around too. Some people will go a shade lighter on the front sides so that the cops think it's factory... but I bet they see so many cars, they know what's factory and what's not.

Still getting the full window treatment tho.

And thanks again for organizing this!

You are right hahaha, and no worries, I'm glad you corrected me! I will have to assess my situation and figure out what I can/cant do, would love to hear suggestions from everyone on what they plan to do , or have done in the past.