Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Southern Ontario Tesla Owner's Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stupid question - and the wrong forum - but from reading this it looks like i need to have already received a rebate for an EV in order to claim this one as well. If that's the case, then as a CPO purchaser I cannot claim a charger rebate, correct?
I don't know if this is different for CPO as it may depend on whether the previous owner got a rebate but in my situation there was a FU with my EV rebate and it took 6 months. I submitted my charger rebate half way through these six months and it didn't go through until I got the EV rebate - but once that happened it went through very quickly. So they can be going in parallel.

Stupid question - and the wrong forum - but from reading this it looks like i need to have already received a rebate for an EV in order to claim this one as well. If that's the case, then as a CPO purchaser I cannot claim a charger rebate, correct?

I believe that is true. You are supposed to have received the EV rebate (which only applies to new cars) first before applying for the EVSE rebate from what I recall.

FYI
I just started a new post about an upcoming presentation on Tesla Powerwall at the Electro-Federation Canada Future forum. Wednesday November 4 at Pearson Convention Centre in Mississauga. The title of the presentation is: Transforming the Grid with Energy Storage and Tesla. Details can be found here: Powerwall presentation at Electro-Federation Canada November 4

I will try to get a copy of the presentation for the next Southern Ontario meeting:biggrin:

It is intended for EFC members, but guests may also come. There is a fee to attend

Hello everyone,
It's that time again so I have now booked our next meeting for this Thursday November 26[SUP]th [/SUP]

Please RSVP to help me with planning.
The location is the same as the last one, Fortino’s in Maple.
The actual address is 2911 Major Mackenzie Drive in Vaughan (just east of Jane St.)
The room will be open at 6:30 and Pizza and beverages will be available then.
The meeting will be 7:00 to 9:00 and the room will be available until 9:30.
Please let me know if you have any topics you would like to discuss.

I now have official confirmation of Tesla’s involvement with Owner’s Clubs, so that will be on the agenda.
John

John...please add to the agenda...

GHEVA has sent a letter with respect to continuing the HOV lanes for green plated vehicles to various government folks.

We can bring a copy of the letter to the meeting for perusal...GHEVA is open to other EV clubs / organizations using the letter / contents thereof to send their supportive thoughts to the provincial decision makers...I think we the members of the SOTOC should consider this in support of GHEVA.

I now have official confirmation of Tesla’s involvement with Owner’s Clubs, so that will be on the agenda.
John
As you suggested in the Alberta thread, I've voted. You also indicated you were open to suggestions... so I'll say that my vote was based on the ability to easily modify the web domain to allow local Canadian clubs to host their own sites on the domain - not just as pages on the main site.

With that in mind, I voted for 'teslaownersclub.ca' because possible domains such as 'toronto.teslaownersclub.ca' or 'bc.teslaownersclub.ca' just roll off the tongue.

Doing it this way could allow all the local clubs to be hosted on the same server (same website), or on other servers... at the discretion of the group controlling the DNS records. Setting it up as 'teslaownersclub.ca/montreal' for instance, makes it more difficult to move the Montreal site to another server and allow the Montreal group to do their own site development and administration. Or stated another way, keeping it central means SOMEBODY will be doing a pile of administration work keeping everything in order, setting up administration accounts, fixing broken stuff... etc.

There are good reasons to go either way, but I thought it was an idea worth considering.

Great turn out for our meeting tonight.
We also took a vote in person for those who hadn't voted online.
The consensus is the same as the poll teslaownersclub.ca is the winner.

attachment.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: