Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spacebar missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same, with update to 2022.44.25.3 (on MCU2, '15 model). Had no space bar before, and even after what I believe may be the second update I still don't have it. Searches sometimes insert a space automatically, but this is getting old. Haven't brought it up with Tesla yet. Not sure "bug report....." works anymore.

Same, with update to 2022.44.25.3 (on MCU2, '15 model). Had no space bar before, and even after what I believe may be the second update I still don't have it. Searches sometimes insert a space automatically, but this is getting old. Haven't brought it up with Tesla yet. Not sure "bug report....." works anymore.
Bug report enables service to find a time stamp, but I doubt that that will help Service fix the problem, since I fear that it is a software bug that only Fremont can address.

I mentioned it to Tesla and they said they were aware of the bug but didn’t have an ETA. Their suggestion was to set the language from English to another language and then back again. This causes the MCU to reboot so what’s the point.
Such a dumb bug.

I have the same problem, how do I chose to install a new version? I usually get a prompt that a new version is available, never installed one manually.

You can't. The service center can push an update to you if they think it will fix an issue you have on a service request. Otherwise, updates come via the Tesla update schedule for your year and model.
Exactly, the update i installed ages ago when i posted that was just a normal update that showed up as ready to install one day when i got home.

So, I tried to enter my "Work" address today and realized the the on-screen keyboard in my 2020 MX (2022.45.15) was incomplete - it's missing the complete lower half!

At first I thought I was going crazy and just didn't know how keyboards worked or something. Then I realized that this is some sort of software bug. Then it made me uncomfortable that my "computer on wheels" couldn't even display a keyboard correctly! When I found this post I was relieved that I wasn't the only one having this problem. When I saw how old this post was and how long this problem has been going on I am disappointed and angry. WTF!?!?

Attachments

• tesla-keyboard.jpeg
    tesla-keyboard.jpeg
    511.7 KB · Views: 95