Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - Axiom Mission 1 - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still a bit short as well, but I figure a few years or a decade of people buying the $55M tickets - that might get the price down to something I could afford. That'd be wild.
Looking ahead 5 years… Axiom offers 10 orbits in a 60 seater Starship for a $1 million a seat. They run two flights a week and can’t meet demand.

Looking ahead 10 years… Axiom offers 2 days at their LEO station which can accommodate 25 guests and 4 permanent crew, all inclusive including Starship transportation to/from for $2 million per person. They run a flight a week and can’t meet demand.

Sign me up!

• Love
Reactions: Grendal and adiggs
Looking ahead 5 years… Axiom offers 10 orbits in a 60 seater Starship for a $1 million a seat. They run two flights a week and can’t meet demand.

Looking ahead 10 years… Axiom offers 2 days at their LEO station which can accommodate 25 guests and 4 permanent crew, all inclusive including Starship transportation to/from for $2 million per person. They run a flight a week and can’t meet demand.

Sign me up!
Meet ya there :)

Reactions: Grendal
Axiom offers 2 days at their LEO station which can accommodate 25 guests and 4 permanent crew, all inclusive including Starship transportation to/from for $2 million per person. They run a flight a week
Is that "only" 50 million income per trip?
How does that stack up against costs, do you reckon?
I think they might need a bigger space station so they can move more people.
Either way- space travel is SO close! I've been dreaming of this since I read "You Will Go To The Moon" when I was a little boy :)

• Love
Reactions: Grendal and adiggs
Is that "only" 50 million income per trip?
How does that stack up against costs, do you reckon?
I think they might need a bigger space station so they can move more people.
Well, I am postulating that Axiom could run a flight a week, there could be that much demand. So at “only” $50 million/week that is $2.6 billion/year. Do that for a few years and I would think there would be a healthy profit to be made after building the station and allowing for transport costs to/from orbit.

Caveat: obviously I am not an expert I’m just speculating, and I’m assuming that Starship would be flying reliably and cost effectively. Please keep in mind I’m imagining this scenario 10 years from now…

Well, I am postulating that Axiom could run a flight a week, there could be that much demand. So at “only” $50 million/week that is $2.6 billion/year. Do that for a few years and I would think there would be a healthy profit to be made after building the station and allowing for transport costs to/from orbit.

Caveat: obviously I am not an expert I’m just speculating, and I’m assuming that Starship would be flying reliably and cost effectively. Please keep in mind I’m imagining this scenario 10 years from now…
Which in Elon Time could be in 5 years or 20 year :D

The only thing I'm confident of is that if Elon sees this as a priority, then whether 5 or 20 years, its a done deal. Details to follow.

1650330041816.png

Wow! Sign me up for that deal.

So they're like up there, watching the clouds and stuff zoom by, and like rooting for bad weather.

'cmon hurricane!'

Traveler review:

"My bedroom is literally the size of a small broom closet. Food tastes terrible. Ventilation could use a lot of work - let's just say glad no one is eating beans. Don't even ask about the toilet. They force you to exercise every day whether you want to or not. Ride to and from "resort" is very bumpy. View is out of this world though"