Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - Comm Crew DM-2 - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest update for today's planned launch at 3:22 p.m. EDT. NASA TV goes live at 11 a.m. EDT.

Elon Musk
@elonmusk

Proceeding with countdown today, weather cancellation risk ~50%
7:34 AM · May 30, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

The launch is facing the same weather issues as Wednesday. Here's a screenshot for this afternoon from AccuWeather.
NASA_SPACEX.jpg

Or he’s a man of action: “Come on, light this candle!”
Prescient of SpaceX and Merlin Musk. Was the first stage of F9 designed to celebrate this mission? Lighting one candle for each year the US was grounded.:cool:

• Funny
Reactions: e-FTW
So the astronauts suits get plugged into an umbilical in the Model X to give the astronauts some AC for their 9 (!) mile journey to the launch pad. Anyone know where the AC comes from? I wonder if they modified the X to directly plug into the X’s coolant loop.

Looks like someone said “let’s walk the last part” instead of getting back in the car after the restroom break at the pad.
I like it! Not sure Elon does.

And Bob picked up come debris on the way in to the elevator.

And now they are enjoying the view from up top.

Closing hatch now.

So did I hear that they have a longer window to launch today? Weather at pad looked nicer overall yesterday IMO but I know the rain and clouds can be there one minute and then move off quickly. Why grab an umbrella if you can wait a bit.

Hatch is closed a bit head of schedule. Count will proceed.

Last edited:
Yes. Everyone watched that video about what makes Keanu Reeves charismatic even though he's not....and took the hand waving thing way too serious
Closing hatch now.

so did I hear that they have a longer window to launch today?
no. Still instantaneous.

• Informative
Reactions: jerry33 and SMAlset