Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Falcon 9 FT launch - CRS-10 - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
_DSC3635.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations so far SpaceX. I expect the rest to go nominally over the next couple days. Perfect launch, separation, landing, second stage burn, orbit, and dragon deployment were all nominal. Sadly, the video was weak for launch and landing but you can't have everything.

Seeing the entire booster flight live was awesome though.

Happily I got to see it all as I was boarding.

Reactions: Mike1080i
From the NYTimes:

The Times said:
The rocket launched Sunday carried Sage III, an instrument to be installed on the space station to measure levels of ozone, aerosols and dust in the Earth’s atmosphere for at least three years. It is latest in a series of instruments that have made similar measurements since the late 1970s.

Another instrument will track lightning. The cargo capsule is also carrying a demonstration project to test autopilot navigation technologies for eventual use by robotic spacecraft to repair satellites.
A couple of notes. First, I read that they were installing track lighting in the ISS before re-reading it. Second, I wonder if the autopilot is AP v2.

Sorry. :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: mrElbe and Model 3
It was tough getting up again early on a weekend morning, but we were all glad we did. The kids really enjoyed the roar of the rocket during takeoff and the double sonic boom (loud!) at landing. We'll definitely drive over again, probably when the Falcon Heavy launches, by then we'll have the X! We will probably go to Jetty Park, while the Exploration Tower was neat, I think the highlight will be the two side boosters landing near simultaneously, and I think that is the closest you can get without a base pass.

Reactions: Bgarret and ohmman
It was tough getting up again early on a weekend morning, but we were all glad we did. The kids really enjoyed the roar of the rocket during takeoff and the double sonic boom (loud!) at landing. We'll definitely drive over again, probably when the Falcon Heavy launches, by then we'll have the X! We will probably go to Jetty Park, while the Exploration Tower was neat, I think the highlight will be the two side boosters landing near simultaneously, and I think that is the closest you can get without a base pass.
Falcon Heavy sounds like an opportunity for a Tesla road trip and get together.