Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Starship - Integrated Flight Test #2 - Starbase TX - Including Post Launch Dissection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread has gone off the rails many times. It's still about Starship in one way or another. So I'm letting it run it's course since it's all a good discussion about Starship.
I was just commenting on the fact that @ecarfan is a moderator, but he didn't move his post, so he may not have that right.

Countdown clock shows less than 24 hours to go!
That's a pretty rocket. I know that I'll go to bed tonight feeling like it's Christmas Eve.

Reactions: Grendal
It's obnoxious that SpaceX isn't posting their own feed for this to Youtube.

Now I need a twitter/X app for Roku to be able to watch this on the big TV in the living room without having to hear some random youtubers chat / marketing / reactions.

I guess the closest I can get to that tomorrow is casting from a phone to the TV. Nope, just tried that and the video quality is poor compared to a native stream.

I guess I get to watch it from the PC on a smaller screen.

If you visit the NSF live feed, you'll see that workmen are taking down (have taken down) the forms and rebar that were in place to extend the new concrete perimeter wall. That wall had been extended just shy of obstructing the NSF camera's view of the launch mount from across the road. SpaceX clearly doesn't want that stuff to become shrapnel during the launch.

It's obnoxious that SpaceX isn't posting their own feed for this to Youtube.
I'm still looking for an upside to Elon's purchase of Twitter. Even he didn't want to buy it in the end, but he had to open that big mouth of his. I'd like to think that he learned a lesson but, given his antics on Twitter, apparently not.

I was just commenting on the fact that @ecarfan is a moderator, but he didn't move his post, so he may not have that right.
I have never been a moderator for the SpaceX forum, @Grendal is in charge here and does a great job!

I have been a TMC moderator in the past but stepped down a few years ago. I have requested my mod privileges be revoked but it never happened.
I don't care to listen to the motor mouths on SFN.
Agreed. They talk way too much, and engage in too much speculation.

It appears that SpaceX will be live-streaming the IFT-2 mission, see this page and click “Watch”.

It appears that SpaceX will be live-streaming the IFT-2 mission, see this page and click “Watch”.
And SpaceX/X has improved the video for streaming now. The last few streams have been very clear. I added the link to the streaming post #217 in the thread.

Livestream pushed to Saturday. Looks like tomorrow is off the table.
And Boca Chica Mary has informed folks that the evacuation notice for Friday has been rescinded

The TFR that @mongo posted earlier has been updated to Saturday at 7:00 to 7:59am CST, if I have my time conversion correct (1300 to 1359 UTC). The SpaceX stream time shown in Chris Bergin's tweet is 12:29pm, however. That would work if it's a UTC time, but I've never seen UTC presented that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: mongo
And Boca Chica Mary has informed folks that the evacuation notice for Friday has been rescinded

Note that the image says that they're going to start their livestream at 12:29pm, which is a much more convenient viewing for everyone in the US. Did anyone notice the start time for the original livestream? That is, if we go by the livestream start time, what's the expected launch time?
Chris Bergin is in Europe, I think that time is local to him. Saturday's TFR starts at 7am Central.

Edit: yeah, that's it

Reactions: JB47394