Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Starship - Orbital Test Flight - Starbase TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Launch Date: April 20
Launch Window: 8:28am CDT (6:28am PDT, 13:28 UTC) - 62 minute window
Launch site: LC-1? - Starbase, Boca Chica Beach, Texas
Core Booster Recovery: Expended in Gulf
Starship Recovery: Water landing near Hawaii
Booster: Super Heavy Booster 7
Starship: Starship 24
Mass: No mass simulator mentioned
Orbit: LEO-ish
Yearly Launch Number: 26

A SpaceX Super Heavy and Starship launch vehicle will launch on its first orbital test flight. The mission will attempt to travel around the world for nearly one full orbit, resulting in a re-entry and splashdown of the Starship near Hawaii.

Webcast:

Attachments

• 114D7452-0A1B-4E20-96D8-03070063E31C.jpeg
    114D7452-0A1B-4E20-96D8-03070063E31C.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 1,105
Last edited:
If I recall correctly, autogenous (which just auto-corrected to “auto genius”!) pressurization is the plan for SH/Starship but B7/S24 do not have that capability. Do I have that wrong?
I still have not found an authoritative source that explains how helium and/or auto genius pressurization is used in V7/S24. Lots of speculation on the NSF forum but no clear answer. No one outside SpaceX even seems to know if the “frozen” valve was in the vehicle or the GSE.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Refilling tanker counts as of midnight.
53 N2
23 O2
4 CH4
And I assume many more to go today?

How is SpaceX going to get to multiple launches/day at BC and Florida if every launch requires so many deliveries? Build massive onsite facilities to extract O2 and N2 from the atmosphere, and a huge methane storage tank connected directly to a pipeline?

And I assume many more to go today?

How is SpaceX going to get to multiple launches/day at BC and Florida if every launch requires so many deliveries? Build massive onsite facilities to extract O2 and N2 from the atmosphere, and a huge methane storage tank connected directly to a pipeline?
Probably. For volume launching, an on site air liquefaction plant to handle N2 and O2. CH4 needs are much less, only 20% by mass. Sabatier, tanker, or pipeline.