Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the timing of the announcement it is like "well, we have one 'winner', so we can get rid of one of the other unproven players."
So, yeah, I took it as a sign that they could be a "shoe-in" now based on this major milestone.

Just wow! How is it humanly possible for a CEO to be so technically involved and informed while also balancing the business side of things?! With two companies at that?! He's not human, I tell you!

My old business partner could do what Elon does. It's a real trick to be able grapple with the minutae of day to day business while maintaining a handle on the "big picture" then managing to flip back and forth betweeen the two. Elon does it on a much much larger scale, of course. Maintaining the big picture is the most critical aspect of the CEO/man in charge.
There was a great scene in ROTEC where Elon walks into the room of cars and he pauses and gets right to the critical problem that there is a room full of cars that need to get into customers hands. His focus immediately is what is preventing that from happening. The people around him are stuck in the minutae and he immediately refocuses them on the overall goal. That's why he is a great CEO.

Last edited:
When everyone else is too busy with little details to be able to focus on the broader goal,
CaptobviousChooseOption.gif

NASA - SpaceX Completes Design Review of Dragon

Safety was a key focus of the review. The SpaceX team presented NASA with analyses on how its SuperDraco launch abort system would perform if an emergency were to occur during launch or ascent. The review also outlined plans for getting astronauts away from danger quickly and safely on the way to low Earth orbit, in space and during the return home.

"The successful conclusion of the concept baseline review places SpaceX exactly where we want to be -- ready to move on to the next phase and on target to fly people into space aboard Dragon by the middle of the decade," said SpaceX CEO and Chief Designer Elon Musk.

Status
Not open for further replies.